McIntosh v Maric

Started by Babylove, March 17, 2012, 01:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babylove

I was looking at my second ruck, and I'm probably going to go with one of those mid-pricers so that I can spend the cash elsewhere.  Anyway, I've had McIntosh as my second ruck, but I was a little spooked after last weeks efforts, and Maric looked impressive for the Tigers.

My question is, who do you think would make the better ruck option?  McIntosh or Maric.

MGK1

I think you just need to stop basing your selections on the players last game.
Maric is ordinary at best and will score well sometimes. McIntosh is a top line ruckman, not exactly in the best 7 or 8 but has the tools to be.

We are lucky to have such good coverage with the scores, you can't take much from these NAB cup games form wise, as its all trial and error that the coaches are trying. Some players are ripping big scores against teams with no players or rucking against a rookie etc.

I'd go with McIntosh good draw, Maric has to verse the top 4 (predicted) sides in the first 5 rounds.

nathan11

Quote from: MGK1 on March 17, 2012, 01:16:41 PM
I think you just need to stop basing your selections on the players last game.
Maric is ordinary at best and will score well sometimes. McIntosh is a top line ruckman, not exactly in the best 7 or 8 but has the tools to be.

We are lucky to have such good coverage with the scores, you can't take much from these NAB cup games form wise, as its all trial and error that the coaches are trying. Some players are ripping big scores against teams with no players or rucking against a rookie etc.

I'd go with McIntosh good draw, Maric has to verse the top 4 (predicted) sides in the first 5 rounds.

No doubting hmac has the skills but nm have lots of talls can see him ending up like bell chambers at bombers Ivan has much lower ceiling than him but rock solid as no1 ruck

quinny88

Maric will score better. No.1 ruckman should score 90+
Mcintosh will score well sometimes if he gets on the end of a few goals but will have alot of quiet games