Unique second ruck!

Started by JamesHarden13, March 16, 2012, 12:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesHarden13

Sam Jacobs, as number two ruck. Is he good enough for set and forget?
He will improve with Adelaide improving this year or so I believe they will which will up his scores, and also being their nimber one ruckman is a big factor in why im considering him   also another preseason under his belt will make him better also, thoughts on him guys?

tor01doc

A definite R2. Whether he can keep up with Cox and Mummy?

But I reckon he could push McEvoy / Leue / Goldy / NicNat / Sandi.

My only concern is I plan to upgrade to Cox by round 11 when they share a bye with Giles who will be R3 all year long.

Good pick if you're not sold on Cox / Giles.

mpollock

There is only 1 set and forget ruckman and that is Cox!

Sandilands would be the other but given his recent injury scare most will stay away.

There are plenty of potential options like McEvoy etc but i wouldn't consider any of then guaranteed to be set and forget ... they need to average over 100 for multiple years in a row to get into that category.

pavs nose

set and forget is dead. i have mcintosh, giles, big o and redden. new school ruck method

quinny88

Quote from: pavs nose on March 16, 2012, 01:50:39 AM
set and forget is dead. i have mcintosh, giles, big o and redden. new school ruck method

Gonna be loosing out on a lot of points early on with that ruck combination

pavs nose

The cash saved is spent elsewhere, eg another premium mid. So the points are not lost if you are able to see the bigger picture

ScoreGasm

I want big sauce in my team but I can't because I just can't go past Big Cox as my number 1 and they share the bye. Jacobs will average above 90 this season and will be the future number 1 ruckman in DT. Currently have Cox and kreuzer with Redden and Giles on the bench. If Cox goes down Sauce Jacobs will slot into that number 1 position nicely.

demon_spud

Quote from: pavs nose on March 16, 2012, 02:19:27 AM
The cash saved is spent elsewhere, eg another premium mid. So the points are not lost if you are able to see the bigger picture

True, since you would have to field rookies who might only score 60-70 compared to 2 rucks who could get up 80-100+ on good days.

1/0/3 for me, not ballzy enough commit to a 0/1/3

pavs nose

Quote from: demon_spud on March 16, 2012, 02:29:32 PM
Quote from: pavs nose on March 16, 2012, 02:19:27 AM

True, since you would have to field rookies who might only score 60-70 compared to 2 rucks who could get up 80-100+ on good days.

1/0/3 for me, not ballzy enough commit to a 0/1/3

It is a risk but one im willing to take. wouldn't be an option most years but the hmac is capable of 80 + a week if fit and I can live with that to start the season

tor01doc

Rookie ruck could average 60 - 70? eg Z Smith about whom everyone was raving averaged 78 and no one else really gets close.
Premium ruck about 100 - 110?

Premium mid 110 - if you pay over $600K.
Mid rookie doing well to average - 80

So Ruck 1 premium + one rookie + rookie mid + premium mid = $1.4Mil = 360 points

2 gun rucks and 2 rookie mids = $1.3Mil = 370 points and don't need to upgrade a ruck.

Maybe slightly biased but I can see the sense of 2 good rucks from the start.

Also mid rookies are going to make more money.

Now I just need someone to audit my figures.

Cheers

Sundown24

I agree with tor...

Its all about the mid rookies this year. Giles isn't as nimble and active as Z.Smith, he will be good, but not that good. There are plenty of Premium rucks that can/will average 95+.

As Impromptu has been saying for ages, its about points/$. So spending the right amount, to get value for the dollars!!!

Eg: Is Cox price worth 123 average, if he only averages 118, then he's not worth it etc.
     Is Kreuzer really only worth like 70 average, or could his points/$ be making him ridiculously under-priced

All questions to ponder