Risky Strategy, please help. thank you

Started by frank7300, March 15, 2012, 10:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank7300

Hi there.

I got relegated from my league last year for finishing last lol. Now I need to get back in via a secondary comp. If anyone could help me that'd be great. Risky strategy, only 2 premium mids, I know,...

Backs: Goddard, Shaw, Carazzo, Burgoyne, H. Taylor, Hargrave, Ellis (Darley, Wilkes)
Mids:  Swan, Murphy, Coniglio, Wingard, K.Stevens, Miles, (McDonald, Magner)
Rucks: Sandilands, Naitanui, (Giles, Redden)
Forwards: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Cloke, Dangerfield, Butcher, Saad, (D. Smith, Kerridge)

\Cheers

tor01doc

With all due respect frank7300, no wonder you came last.

Your team might win a real footy match but this is fantasy football.

Take some time to read posts and look at other teams that get a high rating and ask why.

You have about 10 premiums. Most of the well balanced and complimented teams have 13 - 14.

Players like Taylor, Carrazzo, Burgoyne, NicNat, Butcher are not popular for a reason.

Your risky selections might work but I'd go back to basics and get a really solid structure of 4 premiums back and front, 3 or 4 in mids, 1 or 2 in ruck.

Then select 3 cheap rookies back and front and mid.

Then depending upon ruck 1/3 or 2/2 and mid 3 or 4 premium fit some slightly mid priced types in if you can.

Also watch the byes a bit without obsessing about them.

Good luck.

Looking forward to seeing what you do next.

frank7300

thanks for your feebdack, I'll have to spend a bit more time on it I think   ;)

Ringo

I will give you a tip I use and have shared with others in threads.

Take a piece of paper write down your Ideal Team of 22 prems for finals.
From this select 12/14 prems depending on values across lines.  Then fill the other places with rookies or low priced prems.  Trades are done to achieve your final teams.