First Draft, still needs work...any pointers?

Started by PizzleDizzle, March 15, 2012, 03:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PizzleDizzle

Hey guys,

Need some pointers....still a lot of cash in the bank (over $500k, which is always handy).
I feel a few too many risks maybe? Backs a little weak?? Take a look anyway.....

Backs:    B.Goddard, H.Shaw, G.Broughton, B.Lake, C.Dempsey, P.Bower, B.Ellis    Int: M.Clarke, T.Bugg
Mids:      G.Ablett, D.Swan, J.Ziebell, J.McCarthy, D.Smith, S.Clifton     Int: J.MacDonald, J.Magner
Rucks:    D.Cox, M.Kreuzer     Int: J.Giles, J.Redden
Fwds:     L.Franklin, N.Fyfe, D.Martin, P.Dangerfield, J.Porplyzia, D.Pfeiffer, B.Smedts   Int: J.Cameron, T.Couch

Again....a first draft of my team so be nice peeps!

Cheers for your time!!

PizzleDizzle

I've been taking a long hard look at Ryan Griffen to fit him in maybe.....i know he has been inconsistent, i just have a feeling under the new coach he'll do wonders!!
I don't have a lot of MPP's centre or back.....options guys?

kilbluff1985

backs is ok imo but the extra money should be spent on your mids far to weak

PizzleDizzle

Ok, Take two.....changed a few rookies around!! I am keeping in mind a few things....firstly rookies that are in place at the moment depends on who is playing. I do also have more GWS players than i would like, i am still researching although i think James McDonald might be a given at his price (even though he is out of retirement).....I am struggling on what Rookies to pick this year....does anyone have opinions on who to look out for?
I'll be honest, i like my choices down back (i thought i was being a little unique until i read other teams), up forward and in rucks.....I wanted to go reasonably unique in midfield instead of following the flow.....risky yes, will i lose that much though?
I still think Griffen will have a blinder this year, Ziebell will stand tall if he stays fit and counting on $$$ with McCarthy I'm a pies supporter and highly rated him....he was unlucky and think he will have a great season at Port.

Updated:
Backs:    B.Goddard, H.Shaw, G.Broughton, B.Lake, C.Dempsey, M.Clarke, B.Ellis    Int: P.Bower, T.Bugg
Mids:      G.Ablett, D.Swan, R.Griffen, J.Ziebell, J.McCarthy, L.Sumner    Int: S.Clifton, A.Miles
Rucks:    D.Cox, M.Kreuzer     Int: J.Giles, J.Redden
Fwds:     L.Franklin, N.Fyfe, D.Martin, P.Dangerfield, J.Porplyzia, D.Pfeiffer, A.Kennedy   Int: J.Cameron, S.Kerridge
BANK:    $28,800

Mick champ

Clarkes JS is a bit on the iffy side as there are plenty of others ahead of him for spots in DEF
Drop Zeibel and Griffin and have a play around with some strong more consistent options

mpollock

PizzleDizzle

mpollock

Masten is better value then Ziebell based on pre-season form ...
Watson, Gibbs or Redden are still fairly unique and better options then Griffen in my opinion

PizzleDizzle

Quote from: mpollock on March 15, 2012, 08:57:53 AM
Masten is better value then Ziebell based on pre-season form ...
Watson, Gibbs or Redden are still fairly unique and better options then Griffen in my opinion

Masten is getting a great run....with Shuey, Priddis and the likes set to take the key positions will Masten get the free run he has been getting preseason? Also Ziebell has had his first full preseason and had a brilliant last half of last season.
Also Watson seems to contInually screw me with injuries....will wear the consequences of that one....Gibbs seems to start sluggish every year and will upgrade.....Redden the only other option but I think Griffen has a better team around him this year...and a better coach!
I am just playing with things very guys and explaining my logic (maybe it isn't) behind my choices.....quite honestly looking mainly for cash cows so I can get a few Premo's set.