Flame away !! with a pic

Started by Shiftynev, March 12, 2012, 11:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiftynev

:) See version 2

So this is it after lots of changes. $67,500 left.

Backs are different to most (all) I've seen.  My track record at picking good rookie backmen is hopeless so going for recycled ones that have shown some form in the pre season and have done well in the past. It's a risk that could pay off very well, esp if lake gets back to his 2010 form.

Rucks, Am happy with 1 premium and 3 rookies. Will blow some trdes and upgrade after the byes for another premium.

Have no intention of winning the car would be just happy to win my comp.

FactHunt

I really don't like the re-cycled player option that you're running. Too much outlay, for too little payoff. (these guys may increase in value a little- but by no stretch will they reach premium status). So you will be stuck with trying to upgrade all of these guys down the track... and have no bread/dough/chowder/moola- CASH to do so.
grab an extra premium or two and spend some time finding a couple of young blokes who will make you some fat cash (even if you wait until teams are named in round one)... this is the MOST IMPORTANT part of the game that is SUPERCOACH imo:D

benjy251090

Way too many mid-pricers which means a lot of up/down grades, I can see 13 keepers, but of them, only 7 will be in the top handful of players in their lines. Also, not a fan of early MPP players, it will be more later on that they will come in handy with the byes and later with players getting rested. However, you do need those few risky players sometimes, not a whole team of them basically  :P

I also agree with everything FactHunt says :)

Shiftynev

Thanks for the replies and advice.
So ....... Dempsey is now Yagmoor, Porp to Smedts, extra dollars spent.
Davis  to Birchall
Duffield to Bock 
Future plan will be to move fyfe to the forwards and Scotland to the backs. Hopefully replacing with swan and boyd.

Anything else?  Any thoughts?

The early DP players wasn't deliberate, just happened that way. Have been trying to find rookies that are getting a game pre season. Given the length of time that round one is played over (24th mar - 01 apr) the best I expect from the clubs is to name a squad that may play.

New team ($24k remaining)

Shiftynev

*Bump*
Need all the help l can get! Lol

nath01

I reckon you might as well keep your DPP's out of the midfield (Fyfe, Scotland) as they are much better options down there.

Also, I would be very wary of Adcock as he is super injury prone.

I also think you're putting too much faith in the mid-price recycled players. With the exception of Porps and Lake here, I dont really like your others

(PS. that was really hard to say cos im a Bombers man and would love Dempsey to have a blinder)

All things said though, if these guys can stay fir you might be onto something

Shiftynev

Thanks nath , check out my second effort, no dempsey or porp .

Ringo

Definitely take Fyfe and Scotland out of the Mids.

These are the changes I would make to your Team.
Sidebottom > Fyfe (think Sidey will suffer in the carve up points with so many pies competing for points)
Bock/Adcock > Scotland (Bock is suspended for 2 games but OK if only going for League wins as they do not start till Round 3).
Swan/Boyd/Priddis or Mitchell into mids , Devon or Clay Smith into mids as rookie.
Upgrade a rookie forward to Porps.

Could also leave forward line as is and bring Caddy or Lucas as mid rookie.