After a rating .... all feedback welcome

Started by Jack, March 06, 2012, 12:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What to do in defence? To upgrade Sandilands to Cox, which one is best ....

Golby to Guthrie plus $32,100 extra cash
0 (0%)
Howard to Darley plus $64,100
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 15, 2012, 06:45:21 PM

Jack

Please rate me. Any constructive criticism welcomed as is suggestions for improvement.

Back    B Goddard, B Delidio, H Shaw, M Suckling, C Howard, M Clarke, B Smedts  (T Bugg, S Morris)

Mid      S Pendlebury, G Ablett, S Thompson, A Gaff, E Kavanagh, J Mcdonald  (J Magner, S Ross)

Ruck    A Sandilands, M Kreuzer  (J Giles, O Stephenson)

Fwd     B Franllin, A Goodes, M Pavlich, D Martin, J Porplyzia, A Saad, J Cameron  (C Hampton, S Kerridge)

$89,300 balance to spend

John Flake

Your backline is pretty good.  The only change I might make is switching Marty Clarke, I wasn't impressed with him at all against Melbourne.

I haven't started with Pendlebury, with a breakeven of 129, I expect to pick him up during the year at around $650,000.  Marc Murphy is $60,000 cheaper and just as good in my opinion.  Gaff is a risk, could be good and could be bad.  I've dropped McDonald, has been really disappointing.  Try Gibson from North Melbourne.  About $94,000, 25 years old and ready to play.

Nice rucks.

Nice forwards.

Make a little bit of cash downgrading some awkwardly priced players and bring in more premiums.

Cheers,

Coneous

Good team Jack, I like the odd gamble on every line, not to outlandish but good..

I would tend to go with birch over suckling as he is more consistent.. Also coming from a doggies supporter keep an eye on lake and hargrave in the next 2 weeks, pick the better out of the 2 as opposed to Howard, more consistent and experienced, think Howard is still a year away. I have also gone with Guthrie over Clarke, Clarke looked rusty on the weekend and Guthrie should do better.

Also look at downgrading pendles to swan and turning sandipants into cox, just a thought..

But good core team though, great to see someone else going the 3 prem midfield mate.

9/10 with changes.

johnnytheboy1

Backs: Your defence has good depth and a good unique in Howard
Mids: Good Depth here as well you need to take the odd risk as you have with Gaff.
Rucks Look good.
Fwds: Looks ok most people would have had Porps in there side.He is a High Risk/High reward as long as he stays on the park you will do ok.

Overall. Your team has good balance of Premiums & Mid pricers with a few uniques. I give this team a 7.5/10
Good luck Jack

Jack

Thanks for the feedback guys. Some interesting thoughts to ponder. I'll be keeping an eye out on Sandilands as I'm not sure that he'll dominate as in past years. Clarke is an interesting one. Everyone's on him, but he's not a given and his form's been a bit ordinary. Guthrie would seem to be a good replacement and I'm also toying with the idea of including Golby down back as well. I wouldn't mind keeping Howard, but I'll keep monitoring him along with the other 2 doggies mentioned and decide on his fate later. Also, I wouldn't mind getting another premium in the midfield to boost scores early (only going for league win), so I may need to do some more work on this, but with $89k in the kitty, I may be able to do it. But it'll mean trading out Gaff and I reckon he's in for a big year.

Any other thoughts out there?

Cheers

Ringo

Def: Solid but you will have Goddard, Lids and Suckling out in Round 13. If wanting to avoid a prem having donut maybe look at Adcock, Broughton or Murphy as replacement for Suckling.
Mids: Agree with comments on Pendles v Swan your decision though
Rucks: Looks OK
Forwards: Sound.

Just selct right priced rookies at end of NAB cup and those that will play in Round1.

Jack

Thanks for your feedback gents and here we go again! It's doing my head in so I'm leaving the side as is until after the NAB cup. Pretty close to the final makeup though with maybe a bit of tinkering around the edges. Tried to keep my uniques. Please note that as I'm going for a league win, I'm not too worried about having premiums out for round 13 bye. Besides, trades may alleviate this by then. All feedback greatly appreciated.

Back     B Goddard, B Delidio, H Shaw, G Birchall, M Golby, C Howard, B Smedts  (T Bugg, S Morris)

Mid      G Ablett, D Swann, S Thompson, A Gaff, D Smith, J Magner  (S Gibson, H Cunningham)

Ruck    A Sandilands, M Kreuzer  (J Giles, O Stephenson)

Fwd     B Franllin, A Goodes, M Pavlich, D Martin, J Porplyzia, A Saad, J Cameron  (G Weedon, S Kerridge)

$1,400 in the kitty

Jalapeno

I wouldnt trust sandi mate. He has just had a SMALL hammy tear today and is so bloody tempramental these days ever since the season ending "TOE" haha

tor01doc

This is better.

Sure about Kreuzer? If you're thinking all season then fine but if planning to upgrade then consider felsty, oops I mean H McIntosh.

Agree Birchall better reliability than Sucklingpig.

Gaff could go bang and be a ripper. Swann has one n.

Thompson is a great pick given their draw and he is still unique despite being proven.

Sandi worries me.

Maybe Porps is a bit weak for F5 but the others look great.

Very nice team.

Jack

Given Sandi's concerns of late, I'd love to upgrade him to Cox. To do this, I can do either of the following:

Golby to Guthrie
Sandilands to Cox
Plus $32,100

or

Howard to Darley
Sandilands to Cox
Plus $64,100

What's your views on the best option between these two? I selected Golby and Guthrie as they were unique, lower priced defenders who may score well given the chance. However, game time with them may be an issue as I haven't seen or heard much about how they're travelling and whether they're likely to be starters come Rd 1.

Cheers

tor01doc

I'd get Cox at all costs looking at your alternative.

Guthrie should be OK but a bit risky at his starting price. Less to lose and lower expectations on a rookie - eg Ellis from Punt Road.

barnsey70