Have i got this team right? Please criticise as you will!

Started by oodmutler, March 12, 2012, 12:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oodmutler

Backs: B.Deledio, H.Shaw, G.Birchall, J.Adcock, R.Hargrave, B.Ellis, S.Darley P.Bower, S.Morris

Mids: G.Ablett, D.Swan, M.Boyd, L.Hayes, S.Coniglio, C.Wingard C.Smith, J.Magner

Rucks: D.Cox, A.Sandilands J.Giles, J.Redden

Forwards: L.Franklin, N.Fyfe, D.Martin, J.Porplyzia, J.Cripps, D.Smith, T.Dickson C.Hampton, G.Weedon

$39,300 remaining in salary cap.

Criticism welcomed. Cheers!

johnnytheboy1

Backs: I would replace Deledio with Goddard.. Apart from that a Strong defence.
Mids: I hope for you Lenny Hayes Scores well i would prefer saving money and getting someone like Masten WC or Callinan at Ade.
Rucks: Lock these 2 rucks. You may need spare a trade in case Sandilands gets injured again.
Fwds: Will Dickson get enough game time to be selected not so sure on Cripps think there are better options. Porps is too much of a risk at F4 should be F6.

Overall Your team is weak up forward probably 1 short maybe fit in Dangerfield or Sidebottom. I give your team a 7/10

oodmutler

Thanks Johnny, your comments are greatly appreciated.

Replacing Goddard for Deledio...good call, like it!

I have been toying with the idea of replacing Hayes with a rookie mid, then upgrading Dickson to a stronger fwd. Just not sure whether i want to go in with 3 prem 3 rookies Midfield. What do you think?

I don't like either Dangerfield or Sidebottom, any other alternatives? I'm finding it tough to warm to any other premium forwards outside of Franklin, Fyfe & Martin. I like Pav, but don't want to Dockers on the same line, especially as Premiums.

Ringo

Nice Team
Def: Solid with Goddard for Lids - Just Personal but not really sold on Birchall as a D3 I have him at D4.
Mids: maybe Hayes to Caddy
Rucks: Set and forget. But be prepared for some ups and downs with Sandi's workload being monitored this year in Coaches words.
Forwards: Do not how much cash you have overall - But I do not mind 2 from the same club on the same line just ensure that no other forward has the Round 12 bye. If not wanting Pav look at Goodes, Stevie J, Rioli, Chapman or even Cloke.  Some risks there but offering suggestions with Goodes probably preferred. If ever he is to break the slow start it is this year with GWS, Port, North, Adelaide, Richmond in the first seven rounds

tor01doc

Good God. Need Goddard. Well done.

Hayes could be hit or miss but why not. The other guys suggested on a few posts like Gaff / Masten / Christensen are no way better so if you can afford a fallen star who may re-emerge from injury then go for it.

Toey about Sandi. McEvoy / Mumford?

Forwards are your weakness. If Porps flops then you're in trouble.

I'd offload Hayes for a rookie and get a better F4.