Convince me of my midfield!

Started by JamesHarden13, March 18, 2012, 10:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesHarden13

Backs; Goddard, Shaw, Birchall, Broughton, Lake, Ellis, Bugg (Darley, Tynan)

Mids; Ablett, Murphy, Rockliff, Selwood, Clifton, C.Smith (Magner, Shiel)

Rucks; Mumford, Giles(Redden, Orren)

Forwards; Buddy, Fyfe, Martin, Cloke, Dangerfield, Saad, Kennedy (Hall, Dickson)
2k leftover!
Rate this for me please! Unsure of telhe midfield so please give thoughts on it too.
Leave a link and I'll rate yours too, cheers!

j

You've put to much money into your ruck. I'd get rid of jacobs and run with Mumford and Giles and get another rookie (O Stephenson) for the bench. This should free up almost $400 000 to upgrade your mid field. Ablett, Murphy Rockliff are great but you need another gun i wouldnt run 3 lower priced players like that, try upgrading Hogan to Muzungu or Cooney, and i'd change C Smith for C beams or Coniglio (alot of people say he's overpriced but i dont't think so). Also i dont see ledger getting much game time maybe look at neale if you can squeeze him in, he'll be fit by round 2 or 3 and get regular games   

tor01doc

Just ignore that. Anyone suggesting Cooney ought to be banned.

Maybe look at Caddy instead of Masten to save a bit.

Really like Ablett and Murphy. Selwood seems cheap as chips to me. Any interest?

3 backs out round 13 as usual.

Like your rucks. If you think Jacobs can stay all year then go for it. I'd consider 1 premium and trying to get Cox in later. If he repeats last year's effort you'll be chasing other teams all year.

Like your forwards.

Your greatest strength, however, is scoring off the bench, but you know that.

JamesHarden13

I took your advice and traded
Jacobs to Orren
Masten to Redden
Rockliff to Selwood
Porps to Dangerfield
Thoughts on these trades?

And I know it is my asset, just can't cope being in the starting 5 mate;)

tor01doc

My thoughts on my advice. All crap.  ;D

JamesHarden13

Am sensing a bit of sarcasm there? ;)

tor01doc

Reckon Redden will be a good one this year as long as Leue, Rocky, Richie, Blackie, Brownie, Harvey, Crispy, Golby, Hanley and Polks all fire.

E?

JamesHarden13

So in other words if Brisbane are winning?;)
Who else is a decent option around reddens price range?

tor01doc

Shuey could be in for a good year and a bit cheaper although riskier.

Sidebottom is getting good reviews as well.

Watson for a bit more.

JamesHarden13

I think I'm leaning towards shuey or Watson now that you mention it.

Sabretooth Tigers

;)
Watson was averaging in the 120s before injuries last season and is an absolute steal at the price.After whatever answer you come up with is installed in to your team, see how it stacks up to the team you want for round 23 and how many trades you think it would take to get that team. Then you know if you've made the right decission PROVIDED players play the way we think they should. Cheers and best of luck.

Big_Cox14

Watson could be good value. Only issue is which premium midfielder to trade out if you wanted to fit watson. Otherwise, players listed in this team are similar structure to many other teams posted.

I'm not convinced of the 1 prem, 3 rook ruck strategy but it could pay off. Good Luck.

tor01doc

Hey Big_Cox14,

If you are going 2/2 rucks, which of your lines is compromised? Seems one can't have 4 strong lines looking at salary cap etc.

Nice photo. You?

Big_Cox14

Hey Tor01doc,

Well of course there's gotta be compromise. This year my backline is compromised from two set n forget rucks. I think there are some good mid pricers to consider in the backline this season (hargrave, conca, lake, malceski) to name a few. Team though is mostly Guns n Rooks with a couple of PODs. Everyone has their strategies & reasons to employ those strategies. The set n forget option for my rucks appeals to me because it is one line I can rely on my two starting rucks (unless injury permits) and I can focus on using my trades solely on upgrading the other three lines. I'm sure you have your reasons to employ the 1 prem, 3 rook ruck strategy and good luck.

BTW - thanks. Photo is nice but it is not of me. But she is stunning. Photo is of Charisma Carpenter who's claim to fame is her role as Cordelia in the sci-fi television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

tor01doc

Agree with your comments. Pity that's not you! Was wondering if that were you, why the name?