3rd Major Revision - Thoughts?

Started by MorningFresh, March 04, 2012, 09:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MorningFresh

360k in the bank. I really like Pavlich but he has a huge break-even early and the Porpise's is obviously really low, the thought at this stage is to leave the money there for a few weeks and should my ruck strategy backfire upgrade one of the rookies to Kreuzer OR Porp to Pav.

Going for the league win (cash league), don't care about overall at all, more concerned with achieving my final team ASAP.

I'm aware of the Zorko situation, he likely won't be in my starting team.

tor01doc

Eveningmorning fresh,

Good but I think too much money on the bench.

I thought I read somewhere that Sandilands is under an injury cloud. Watch that.

Rucks are topical this year, but 2 topline ones for me.

A bit thin up front with Christensen and Porps both able to throw in shockers.

maybe up one to a more reliable type like Chapman or Fyfe.

Good though.

Spend some money and I'll give you a nice round 7.777777/10

MorningFresh

As I said, will be trading Porps to Pavlich after his price drops in a few rounds, hence the money being left in the bank.

Sandi was good last week, didn't play today but I think they're just playing it super safe with their #1 asset, will see how he goes next week.

Ringo

Just got a few concerns with Sandi this year.  Articles stating he will be managed but what does that really mean will he miss games, more time of the ground all effecting his SC scores. He was injured in warm up last night so maybe a sign that injuries will be more prominent this year.  I would consider alternatives but in saying that could be proved wrong. Basically I think you need a reliable Ruck if going with 1 prem 3 rook strategy eg when Sandi is out rested you would be playing 2 Rookie rucks.
Would not wait too long for Pav based on this article and comments;
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,48806.0.html

I would move Kerridge to replace Zorko maintaining your DPP and then look at another forward rookie.

At the moment you will playing 9 rookies on the field each week plus Christensen so if you are happy with that OK. Risks need to be taken to win and you are taking a measured risk here.

Rate oveall Team 8/10 mainly due to Ruck issue with Sandi and Christensen at F4 although will be F5 when you bring in Pav.