Am i on the right track?

Started by dickitch, March 06, 2012, 03:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dickitch

I've been doing a lot of study for my first proper year of SC so I want to get some genuine feedback on the team posted below.  Obviously it's not completely ready for rd1 but this is the genuine idea, don't concentrate too much on the names unless they are they are definite nos.

but a quick comment on each section
Def: Prem 1-3 locked in, not sure on Murphy.  Rest of rookies subject to change
Mids: Pretty much locked in except potential for rookies to change
Ruck: Hoping to stick with that, but if it does change it will be for a 2/2 ruck system with 4 forward prems
Forwards: Where I'm struggling most - Franklin and Fyfe locked in but after that don't know

Big question I have here is I have a heap of players that have Mid as their DPP option but cant find anyone to lock in within the mids that can go in to def of fwd - help

V23

Defence: Not sure if Murphy will be in the top 6 defenders by the end of the year so he's at an awkward price.  Watch how Clarke performs in the rest of the NAB cup and swap him if necessary.

Midfield: Very solid

Ruck: Cox is overpriced in my opinion, perhaps pick a Mumford or Sandilands for $50,000 cheaper and look to upgrade for Cox as your second ruck down the track

Forward: Your weakest line.  Franklin, Fyfe and Chapman are fine but I would reconsider Gray, Walsh and Crozier.

7/10

quinny88

pretty solid side, there is some adjustments that i would make however..
Backs your 3 best all share the bye (maybe you dont care about byes) Im not sold on murphy, had him last year and he let me down alot, i would look at heppel, bit cheaper to.
Mids: Very good.. actually havent seen judd in too many teams this season so that is a bit of a unique. He is a gun but can have some very quiet games.
rucks: Personally i like to lock and forget in this area of the ground but if you are going for a prem/rook approach then you have atleast grabbed the best.
Forwards: solid. Maybe a slight risk with chappy? hes another year older but i would still expect 100+ regardless, hopefully he stays injury free. Robbie gray is an interesting one i see pop up every now and then. I personally wouldnt pick him purely for the fact that he plays in a side that will get belted every second week and it will be hard for him to consistantly score big. I think there are better options.

All in all a nice mix though. 8.5/10

dickitch

appreciate the feedback guys - solidified what i was thinking, still unsure about Murphy and a couple of my forwards.  But as i said the rookies wont be known until round 1 eve.

Any comment on the plethora of DPPs I have able to do Mid?

quinny88

Forwards that can go mid just gives them a higher chance of scoring better.. I wouldnt be concerned to much with dpp rookies as alot of them wont be around when it comes to bye time. Just pick the best rookies available for each position