Sam Gibson.

Started by Luigi197, March 03, 2012, 07:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi197

Sam Gibson.

What's all the hype about him? I understand he is mature aged (25 i believe), and is a possibility to make the starting 22.
But what are some stats to back him up, besides his age and the fact that he is only 94k.
?

Cheers.

bomberboy0618

He captained Box Hill. And he won their best and fairest.

TheMailman

If he can get some DT points against Sydney I'd be impressed

Ringo

It;s another case of people getting excited after 2 40 minute games of AFL.  He is still on the rookie list and needs to be elevated.  I also think that we are somewhat biased with mature age players given the success over the last couple of years.
In saying that he had an average 28 possessions per game in the VAFL last year which also probably accounts for the hype.  Personally I would like to see him in a full AFL game prior to selecting him.

Great goal keeping by Bolton last night cost us the chance to go back to the Top.

jabroni

it is hoped that Gibson follows in the footsteps of last years box hill b&f a certain Ed Curnow

just hope the coach is as willing to play him

SonsOfZeus

you pretty much just summed it up is 94k starting 22 and played well in the first round of nab. what more d you want

Luigi197

So, its almost as if you wish you could pick, and you want to, but unfortunately you shouldn't?

TheMailman

Quote from: SonsOfZeus on March 03, 2012, 08:10:05 PM
you pretty much just summed it up is 94k starting 22 and played well in the first round of nab. what more d you want

Ok, seeing as he's on the rookie list he's definetly not best 22 yet

SonsOfZeus

was implying if he gets ele vated..sorry. if elevated pick if not dont

ubeaut

How will he fit into the midfield of Wells, Swallow, Ziebell, Cunnington, Bastinac, Greenwood, Anthony, Harvey, Adams, etc? Maybe they run him off half back? Not that many defenders at North and I'm hoping Sierakowki gets a run down there too.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: jabroni on March 03, 2012, 08:09:52 PM
it is hoped that Gibson follows in the footsteps of last years box hill b&f a certain Ed Curnow

just hope the coach is as willing to play him

+1

DON'T TRUST A SCOTT !

I will NEVER pick a NM rookie again  >:( -  Can't trust the coach to play them with any sane regularity, some of the teams decisions from NM last year are mind boggling  :o  and not just the rookie ones.

Mind you Gibson will be a gun, I will only pick him after 2 afl games when he is on teh bubble with a -89 break even, and in that event i'll happily burn the trade for him.

BUT, the next week SCOTT will send him back to the VFL until round 18 , so he will cost me two trades and by round 10 when i finally give up on him getting his 3rd senior game i'll trade the rookie back in i traded out for him in the first place who will be on his bubble.

NO, NO , NO North rookies for me I am scarred for life after 2011  :'(

burner11

As the above 2 comments.

Better off watching the GWS rookies Darley, Smith (M/F), Wilson etc.