My Team (V3)

Started by Adz23, March 01, 2012, 06:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adz23

Cash Remaining: $76,700

Colliwobblers

Yep great guns and rooks side, similar to my earliest sides before i started playing around with them.

Cant fault this side. I would be wary of pav being old he may get rested as the coach has made it clear that pav and sandi will have thier game time closely managed to avoid injury and prolong htier careers. I would get fyfe instead, but we all know pav scores better fwd and thats where he will play (at least until fremantle looses all its midfielders to injury again). AND i think it will be easy said than done to "rest" Pav.

Not sure on a couple of the rooks, mainly i dont trust NM to play thier rooks regularly or sanely.

I have no idea on the JS or all 3 crow rooks you have? maybe you can enlighten me :)

Risk free 9/10

Adz23

Cheers for the rating Colliwobblers!

Freo is a bit of a worry side this year, not knowing what ross lyon is capable of! ive heard good things about pav playing deep in the forward line so for the start of the season he seems like a good option as well a swing man(for/mid)
i do like fyfe quite alot he plays very well however id like to see what ross lyon does with him first before i jump on him,
im potentially hoping come the round 12 bye if pav hasnt lived up to the hype to possibly move him into the midfield and upgrade to a higher premium, helping elude a donut in the forward line having 3 premiums from the round 12 bye, it will also help cover the benching of pendles or swan depending how i play out that card.

JS on any of the rookies is a bit unknown atm, im tossing up morris and ellis for B 8 atm ellis seems to have kicking out duties which ud think means decent job security but not to sure if he will be high scoring or not compared to morris.

the 3 crow's i have Sam Kerridge, Tim McIntyre and Luke Brown:

Sam Kerridge
a 18yr rookie  - inside midfielder and forward line player

further info can be found here http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45731.msg618711.html#msg618711

brenton sandersan is pretty keen to play him and Tim McIntyre, im a bit worried bout brown cause since he got punched in the face he hasnt been heard from much

Tim McIntyre
22 yr old mature age rookie soon to be 23 - also an inside midfielder than likes to go forward (needs to be promoted off the rookie list but this seems likely to occur)

http://www.afc.com.au/players/playerprofile/timmcintyre/tabid/4506/playerid/23884/category/rookie/season/2012/selected/bio/default.aspx

Luke Brown
18 yr old rookie can play defence and mid - is fairly effective when he jumps into the mid
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45731.150.html

hopefully that helps :)

Ringo

Only issue I see with tis team is Forwards with 3 of your prems (Goodes, Pavlich and Chapman) having the Round 12 bye. Maybe looking at replacing  Chappy with Boomer, Rioli, Martin.
Bear in mind also both Pendles and Swan have the round 12 if using DPP.

Apart from this issue which is ok if you set up for the one donut only in round 12 very strong team.  Watch Rookies prior to finalising.

Also rate 9/10.

Adz23

Cheers Ringo,
after reading your comments, and thinking about it chappy has been a bit of a problem come round 12,
in fixing this problem i was thinking maybe moving McIntyre down forward, moving chappy up into the mids and upgrading him then? getting a better midfielder or mid/forward hopefully keeping the DPP link

kinda figured this will increase my score and solve the round 12 issue assuming i dont have a round 12 player in the midfield
the forward line will be flooded with round 11 players but there all upgradeable

what are your thoughts on this?

Ringo

Thank You for comments on my team
Firstly you have to decide is Chappy a keeper if he is not then $549k is a bit much to outlay up front for a sideways trade eventually.

If this was my team I would simply replace Chappy with boomer who will play all games (Touch wood) for similar output.  This way you would not be wasting a trade unnecessarily.  Also with Chappy his form has dropped over the last 2 years SC wise so would he fall further this year. You also retain McIntyre with your DPP Link.  Also bear in Mind that Zorko and Kerridge have the link if you need to tinker with rookies prior to Round 1.

Adz23

Thanks Ringo!
i would like to consider chappy a keeper, i have a few strategies in mind for the byes as round 12 will be my problem child round,
but ill look at changing chappy prior to round 1 or upgrade around him, if he gets back to his 110+ scores he would go up in price.

Boomers always been good but his scores are very inconsistent which makes him a bit of a challenge to pick, im not sure whether having the captaincy relieved off him is going to help and swallow will get tagged ahead of him or whether he will drop off now