Port Adelaide rucks

Started by Griffo1982, February 29, 2012, 04:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffo1982

Does anybody have any information on where Lobbe & Renouf's injuries are at because i noticed that Jarrad Redden played 61 mins in the ruck for Port on the weekend & could be a good bench option for the people who are considering the 1 premium x 3 rookie ruck setup & are worried about that 3rd rookie spot.

Noz

Lobbe wont play in the early rounds he suffered a hip injury during pre season and is looking at round 4 as his return date.

Renouf possible will play this week

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/port-adelaides-ruck-puzzle-remains-a-riddle/story-e6frf9jf-1226281026855

Ziplock

wasn't there someone else who could ruck at port..

I've literally just mind blanked. Trengove can pinch hit.... would westhoff maybe go into the ruck before redden? How developed is redden...?

Noz

Quote from: Ziplock on February 29, 2012, 05:18:09 PM
wasn't there someone else who could ruck at port..

I've literally just mind blanked. Trengove can pinch hit.... would westhoff maybe go into the ruck before redden? How developed is redden...?

Been on the list for 3-4 years now and hasn't played a game yet. Maybe you ment Daniel Stewart roamed about in the intraclub match as Ports second or third ruckman.

Ziplock

he'll be 22 this year so I guess he's been on the list for 3 years. Ruckmen do take quite some time to develop... he's had brogan ahead of him, as well as lobbe who's a year older, and probably a year more developed. Even Lade for Reddens first few years.

maybe this is his year? in the 08 under 18s carnival for SA he finished 3rd in hit outs and hit outs to advantage. Not sure if that means squat :P

yorgis

only other 2 rucks are mitch curnow and daniel webb, but both are on the rookie list. but you're right zip, part timers

are westhoff stewart and trengove

Noz

Well hopefully under the wing of Matthew Primus,  Lobbe and Redden can really impress this year, Renouf flew under the radar for many years at Hawks and if he is given a huge shot he can be one of the best in the comp is very good runner for his size. Will deffinetly be Ports main ruck. I really do rate this guy.
Primus said he wants to play Renouf and Lobbe in the same side and it would be stupid to play Redden and possible Stewert in there as well 4 200cm players are a lot to carry after such an ordinary year. Since Trengrove can go 5 minutes in the ruck as well.
Redden may play the first few games since Lobbe is injured could be a decent pick as R4