made a few changes, thoughts? i'll rate urs too

Started by gotheroos!, February 26, 2012, 12:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gotheroos!

Hey Guys, got $30k in the bank. thoughts?

Goddard Broughton Suckling Heppell Lake Clarke Bower (Ellis Bugg)
Ablett Murphy Selwood Dalsanto Stevens Zorko (L.Brown McDonald)
Mumford Giles (Derickx Stephenson)
Franklin Goodes Martin Sidebottom Dangerfield Cooyou Pfeiffer (Smedts Rowe)

thx in advance, i'll rate ur team and help too!

MC

Looks fairly strong - though i'm not an advocate of the rookie ruck starting for rd1.

I like the Broughton choice - could go big this year through the mids, and NDS is a gun who looks pretty unique from what i've seen so far this year.

Nice solid team  -  8/10

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,49132.0.html

gotheroos!

yeh thx. i reckon giles could be a great bargain and it will take time to identify which one of the gun rucks to get. i'm sure mummy will be one. but not sure about the others (cox, sandi, kreuzer, leuy, mcevoy etc) thats why i'm gonna wait and use that money on mids / fwds. any other changes? thx!

felsty

dusty at f3 worries me.. 3rd year player and a tough draw to begin with could hurt you, id try adding in another gun forward
awesome midfield and backline is solid.. only other spot is the rucks with giles but if it comes off you will look amazing

8.5/10

Jay

Backs: some good uniques there, all of which should pay off :)
Mids: brilliant
Rucks: not a fan of the 1-3 structure...2-2 is the way to go
Fwds: a couple of mid-pricers there that need to be monitored

Good team 8/10

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,48411.30.html

McBayne

Good call on Dal Santo, I think a lot of people are overlooking the Saints this year (so far myself included), but you would have to be stupid not to at least consider players like Dal Santo or Montanga (an extremely underrated player).

Obviously rookies will be sorted come round 1, but I haven't heard much on Stevens so are you sure he's going to get sufficient game time to warrant one of your rookie spots, especially considering the amount of talent on offer in the midfield this year?

You're taking a few risks in the backline, which can pay off fantastically as I don't think too many people would punt of Heppell, Lake and Bower in the one team. Could be a nice little pay off (much like Dal Santo). Although, especially with your backs you have to make sure you're getting good value for the money you're paying. Get this wrong and you lose out in other, higher scoring, areas of your team.

Regardless of this, solid team and you should do well.

Slammer

Maybe just a little work needed in the backline.
Not convinced with Bower. Being a Carlton supporter I watched him closely in the NAB cup and with Jameison and Duigan still to return along with the improving Watson and the solid Laidler . I reckon he may struggle to hold his spot. Suckling I reckon is a little over priced this year and Heppell  will be watched a little closer and may not score as high.
I reckon Birchall will outscore Suckling and maybe your better option.
Mids look great
Rucks good although I also think 2 Prem 2 rookie is the way to go.
Forwards are good but not sure about Dangerfield. He has had is chance and is still fairly inconsistent.
Overall pretty good though.

He is mine: Of course a workm in progress

B: Deledio, Shaw, Birchall, Hargrave, Clarke, Bugg, Schmets (Darley, Morris)
M: Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Selwood, Wingard, Magner (Gibson, Neale)
R: Mumford, Mcintosh (Giles, Oren)
F: Buddy, Fyfe, Martin, Zaharakis, Sidebottom, Cripps, D.Smith (hampson, Mcintyre)

Still working on rookies and trying to find MMP rookie options in mids

Any suggestions will be appreciated