4th ruck???

Started by steven_ora, February 19, 2012, 04:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steven_ora

Im thinking of going either giles or stephenson as my 2nd ruck and if i decie to do this then who are good 4th ruck options???

so my rucks would be.... ON THE FIELD: Mumford and Giles      BENCH: Stephenson and ???

Talisman

Sam Rowe from Carlton. Mature ager picked up from Norwood - who have a really good record with mature-age pick-ups last couple of years (Puopolo, Duigan, etc.). Don't expect great scores, but they picked him up for a reason - reckon he should play - having said that, with Kreuzer, Warnock & Hampson, they do have a surfeit of tall ruckmen-cum-forwards. Still reckon he;'s the next best ruck rookie though.

kilbluff1985

Would also look at Jenkins at Adelaide, would say Longer from Brisbane but he to expensive

Talisman

Sorry, should have also mentioned Tom Derickx from the Tiges - I know he burnt many of us (incl. myself) last year, but he does look ok & if Maric doesn't stand up, could be the next best option - can play forward too. (Still think Rowe may have better job security however)

Ringo

Would also look at Jarrad Reddan from Port at 113K

fever

rowe has terrible JS imo

Talisman

Really? Then why did Carlton recruit him? He won't play ruck - think he's been picked up to play key position fwd - not many good, reliable key position fwds at the Blues...

itchytradefinger

Rowe and Derickx would be the two I'd think. Probably Derickx but the Tiges do have Vickery and Maric.

It will be good to see both the Tiges and the Blues in action next week to gain some insight into how these guys fit into their coaches plans.

nostradamus

rowe is a big chance in the fwd line...thats why he was recruited

redden WILL get games early....port have injury problems

l rate derrickx....but will he get games, probably not

jenkins will get a chance to prove himself in the NAB cup.....esssendon rated him highly, but with ryder, hille, bellchambers and daniher next year they did the right thing let him go where he might get a game

so l think the top 3 are redden, rowe and jenkins......cant wait to see how they all go in the NAB cup

tuos

Also consider Jarrod Witts from collingwood.

Is 19 years old and is already 208cm and weighs 113 kg, which shows that he isnt one of those skinny beanpole ruckman that will get banged up by bigger bodies.

And with leigh brown now gone, and jolly likely to be injured/rested at some point during the year, i see this kid as being a big posibility to get a continued run at some stage this year.

Ziplock

he performed poorly against a really young gws side- giles dominated him in the ruck, and he seemed to struggle even against folau. Huge boy, but not developed enough for much at afl level.

fever

i would say rowe was recruited as a versatile backup.

fever

dont get me wrong i'd lvoe him to play. guess we'll just look out ofr the r1 teams

SydneyRox

Waiting to see if/where he lines up this week would be a good start.

However Steve, this is the risk you take going 3 rookies. No one on the thread so far can really say any of your number 4 options will play consistantly, so be prepared for donuts if you pick wrong. Or tweak your team to bring in a better second ruck.

Pokerface

I think Jenkins is the most likely. Rowe has terrible job security. Hampson and Warnock will ruck, Kruezer and Waite are the tall forwards - where does Rowe fit, apart from covering injuries or brainfades from Waite