Chris Masten?

Started by JamesHarden13, February 19, 2012, 09:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesHarden13

Has to live up to him being picked highly in the draft soon, surely worth a punt.
Thoughts?

reesbr

Colliwobblers

best midfielder in teh first nab game, scored 51 DT to priddis lousy 2 kicks and a handball in 40 minutes, i got swan and priddis and they both played like u16's who were stoned and had hangovers.

as for masten he played well. cheap too i was looking at gaff and him but no gaff of course he didnt play so masten it is :)

MC

I really hope these threads are jokes... It's the bloody NAB cup!

JamesHarden13

I am not solely basing my judgement on him just cos of the one NAB cup game, had some massive scores towards the end of the year if I remember? Just showing a glimpse of what hes capable of.

MC

True. NAB cup for me is to watch the form of rookies and prems who are returning from injury. This bloke reminds me of Tambling from what i've seen so far - shows glimpses only. He isn't a prem, and will definitely need a full season under his belt before he can even threaten it.

Colliwobblers

no not a premium LOL at $270K you just want 80's till he's 400 then trade, mind you i'll do that in the fwd and def but not in the middle.

Masten will probably never be elite i reckon gaff will tho. but one of them will havethier chance this season with lecras going down.

TheMailman

Are we really considering Masten again?

By all means get him but don't complain when he gets vested

samrdk

There's a reason he's priced so low; he's rubbish. Can get touches but butchers it when he tries to kick further than five metres. Woeful disposal.

This will be his fourth consecutive "breakout" year. As the mailman said: the only thing he'll be breaking out is the red vest. At that price he could be considered but he really hasn't shown much to show he's getting better.

JamesHarden13

Back to back scores of 182 and 137 at the end of last year shows he is capable of huge scores and considering how he's preseason has been and the form of late last year, a break out year is definitely on the cards.
Plus with no lecras that could mean more game time for Masten, break Out year could happen, don't doubt that.

Colliwobblers

yeah i'm not convinced and he was barely on my radar until lecras went down, but Gaff was, now I feel one of Gaff or Masten has to get the opportunity, kind of agrree with Mastens disposal efficiency but for DT who cares, and  both at or under $300k, gaff clearly more skilled but much younger / less experienced too.

Lets be honest as pure mids its hard to pick anyone in teh midfield at that pricing hte rook cash cows are too important and the premiums are too important, but i wouldnt be shocked if one of these 2 guys has a breakout (type) season...

fever

sounds dogy, but i think there are far better options until he proves himself.