Rhys Cooyou

Started by kilbluff1985, February 19, 2012, 02:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

This bloke showed a bit of form tonight could be a good bench rookie but i have Hampton and Treloar already in forwards would you keep those 2 or maybe swap Treloar for Cooyou?

His probably behind 2 many other forwards and might not get much game time also that might have just answered my question anyway thoughts?

MC

One night of NAB cup games won't influence any of my selections as yet - keep watching imo.

Ziplock

we (me and my mates) were quite impressed by how he played, showed a lot of skill, and a fair chunk of potential to boot.

MC

Yeah no doubt, but you can say that for a lot of the GWS players, given they took 8 of the top 10 picks. Will be fighting for a spot - but could be cemented after the NAB cup is done. Keep an eye out!

Ziplock

cooyou wasn't a top 10 pick this year though, he was taken in the rookie draft last year at 2.

1 was Clifton and 3 being giles.

would be interested to see his NEAFL stats from any prospectus owners?

PowWow

This guy showed enough last night for me to try and free up cash to get him in. He made things happen in the foward line they would be crazy not to play him. But at the same time a lot of things can happen between now and the start of the year and this could have been his best game...

JamSainter

He found space when nobody else could... that is always a good sign, I reckon he willl have great job security and average 70-odd.

sid3bysid3

A lot to like. If he keeps it up and named rd1 he's in mine. Although small fwd seems to know how to find the pill and kick 'em. The Brandon maters of this year

SonsOfZeus

theres alot better options IMO

Talisman

Sort of player that could potentially drift in & out of games I reckon - like most other small forwards.

In terms of his 2011 NEAFL stats Zip, Cooyou played 5 games and averaged 53 - scores of 57, 102, 3, 36, 65.

Better options out there - I'd prefer rookies like Hampton, Zorko, Smedts, etc. & more mature/experienced players like Saad, Pfeiffer (if elevated), etc.

Also, worth while noting that Rhys Cooyou is a rookie - gotta get elevated first!