RATE ME PLEASE

Started by msiys, May 12, 2012, 09:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msiys

Hi peeps, thanks for a informative site to come and read up on AFL!
I am a 2nd year noob and I didn't fix my team before start of year and had first round score of 1850. Next 3 rounds - 2173, 2180, 2124. I could not reverse trades after anzac-day partial lockout and ended up trading out a prem and having 4 donuts and 1750 followed the last week by 1908 thanks to Ablett, Judd and Selwood. First 2 league games won and last 2 lost. I am going for league games not overall total score.

I guess I went hard with my team with a min 3 - 4 premiums in each of the 4 diff positions bar ruck and a skeleton crew of rookies taking up bench and any other spots.  I had a few donuts first round and have been trading a lot to get my team back on track. I don't really know what I am doing to be honest and hope I don't sabotage my team any further as our league is ranked 821 with avg of 2045.  Mine avg being 1997. Fallen from 5th to 12th on ladder in 2 weeks.  15 trades left 24k in bank team value 11 million

BACKS
Scotland, Rance, Suckling, Clarke, Bugg, Hargrave, Bower, 
E(Smedts/Lynch)
MIDFIELD
Deledio, Murphy, SelwoodV, Ablett, Judd, Horsley,
(McDonald/Pfieffer)E
RUCKS
CoxC, Giles,
(Redden/Stephenson)
FORWARDS
Franklin, Dangerfield, Chapman, Riewoldt, Porplyzia, Kennedy, Treloar,
(Hurley/Tomlinson)E

msiys

GoldDigger

good lookin' team - r u happy with rance?

Ringo

Backline is your weak spot.  Somehow you need to get Delidio back into backs if possible. Bugg is probably at his ceiling and needs to be culled possibly for Wilkes but your decision. Also watch Bower for JS when others return but hopefully will make cash for you.
Bring Pendles, Swan, or Mitchell into you mids when you move lids.
Forwards  Sound but look to bring in Sidebottom if not to expensive as an upgrade.

Not really too bad a team and with a little tweaking will be right up there.

msiys

2374 total for round 7 pretty happy  ;D
Rance is ok, only had him 2 rounds averaged 100. 
Ok so traded out Lynch-Brennan + Murphy-Sidebottom cause murphy is projected to lose around 20-30k and both help my bye structure.

DEF
DeledioMID 13, Rance 13, Suckling 13, Clarke 11, Bugg 12, Hargrave 12, Bower 13, SmedtsFWD 11, BrennanE 12
MID
ScotlandDEF 13, SidebottomFWD 11, Selwood 11, AblettC 13, Judd 13, Horsley 13, McDonald 12, KennedyMIDE 12
RUCK
CoxV 12, Giles 12, Redden 13, Stephenson 11
FWD
Franklin 13, DangerfieldMID 12, ChapmanMID 11, Riewoldt 13, Porplyzia 12, TreloarMID 12, Hurley 11, PfiefferMID 13, TomlinsonDEFE 12

After my trades and swapping pfieffer and kennedys positions my bye structure looks like this
BAC 2/3/4  MID 2/2/4  RUC 1/2/1  FWD 2/4/3

So only a round 13 mid to be traded out for a round 12 mid and I am bang on target except rucks which are not worth wasting any trades so happy 2 cop 1 extra donut.

msiys

Might change Brennan to Delaney from north. Anyone know which of the 2 have better JS?

Yeah Bower, Smedts, Tomlinson, Pfieffer and Bugg will be on the chopping list next week. They are risky fringe players that could damage my scores if 1 or 2 injuries hit at once which was evidenced when I had hurley, judd, selwood and ablett on the bench last week.  Not much I could do with 4 benched. 

msiys

Ok updated traded out murphy for stanton and tomlinson for zorko

DEF    DeledioD/M13, Rance13, Suckling13, Bower13, Hargrave11,Clarke12, Spurr12, SmedtsD/F12, Lynch12,
MID    ScotlandF/D13, Ablett13, Stanton12, Jelwood12, Judd13, Horsely13, McDonald11, ZorkoM/F11
RUCK  Cox11, Giles11, Stephenson12, Redden13
FWD   DangerfieldF/M11, Franklin13, ChapmanF/M12Hurley12, JRiewoldt13, Porplyzia11, TreloarF/M11, KennedyF/M11, PfiefferF/M13

12 trades left.  Good Bad Ugly?