LIVE SCORE UPDATES ON SC SITE.

Started by Colliwobblers, February 17, 2012, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DID YOU HAVE LIVE SCORE UPDATES ON SC SITE LAST SEASON?

YES
6 (28.6%)
NO
15 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Colliwobblers

I had live scoring updated within a few seconds on the AFL DT site last season, but I did not get ANY scoring at all on the SC site until a bit AFTER each game.

It sucked. Did anyone have live scoring being updated on the site for SC ?

HevvieEvvie

Are you talking about nab cup or season proper?

Colliwobblers

penskifile

The way the SC scoring system works, it's not possible for them to do live scoring

Colliwobblers

ok thanks , i have wondered because i have seen it said that the scores can go up a lot in the first hald for example then stop going up or even go backwards in junk tiem when the game is already won or lost, so i figures tehy were refering to teh scores being visable somewhere to SC coaches..

Wbdfan

well no and yes the herald sun supercoach site had live quater to quater scores last season and u can pretty much estimate wat ur player will b scoring

ossie85

Quote from: penskifile on February 17, 2012, 01:14:11 AM
The way the SC scoring system works, it's not possible for them to do live scoring

It is very possible for them to do live scoring (they use to do it), it's just that they don't want to because they believe it will cause controversy when they scale or adjust scores.

essendon33

Quote from: ossie85 on February 17, 2012, 08:27:49 AM

It is very possible for them to do live scoring (they use to do it), it's just that they don't want to because they believe it will cause controversy when they scale or adjust scores.

which is probably fair enough if you have higgins, bernie vince or sylvia in your team :)

hawki

there is no point look at supercoach score untill at least 3/4 time.

example if your player gets 8 touches in first qtr and 100 effective his score be something like 50.

but buy 3/4 if he had 24 touches and he efficeny drops to about 60 percent he only got score 1 or 2 points for his disposial  score might go up to 70.

plus any game breaking mark goals etc if game up for grabs in last qtr score will sky rocket !!

Colliwobblers

makes a lot of sense i had read the article, or sc guide explaining the points being wieghted and figured for people to have questioned it or complained it must be getting posted/updated through games somewhere. makes sense not to however

thanks for all the answers at least i know now the issue is standard not on my end.

penskifile

Quote from: ossie85 on February 17, 2012, 08:27:49 AM

Thanks for the technicality

SAMCRO

The only time I've ever seen live scoring was round 1 in the first season I did SC which was in 2009. Don't remember if they did the whole round but I know I saw it for at least a couple of games.

Ringo

I had scores last year think it was via the Herald Sun Superfooty site where there was a link called live scores. Stat Data was updated live but actual SC score was not updated at the end of each quarter.  As has been said not very reliable until 3rd quarter. In numerous instances last year we had players on 80/100 points at end of quarter 1 only to see their final score be between 100 and 150. With lack of live AFL footy in Qld (do not have Foxtel) this was best option to follow games live.

Impromptu

If you use twitter then you should follow @championdata who show play by play leaders. 

They might not tell the exact score, but you can be pretty happy if they are the top 5 during the game.