Sandi as an upgrade target?

Started by sj9177, February 15, 2012, 02:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sj9177

I know it sounds kind of silly given his last season was depressed by injury, but looking at the last 5 years he has always gone down from seasons start

Any vibe on the guy coming in later in the season, perhaps a trade up from Zac Smith or HMac (more unlikely)

YEAR       START PRICE   END PRICE   PRICE CHANGE (%)   
2006       $410,300   $371,600    -9%   
2007       $379,500   $339,600    -11%
2009       $501,700   $491,700    -2%
2010       $538,600   $452,000    -16%
2011       $554,700   $455,500    -18%

*Caveat, these are the prices from SC website, but 2011 looks kinda weird to me, didnt think he was that low at the end

Bruce McAvaney

Colliwobblers

due to the formula to stop inflation all premium players go down throughout the season even if they maintain a high average, someone on here explains this pretty well. So a certain amount of depreciation in price is not reflective of performance.

Last season cannot be counted as part of the pattern as it was twice effected by injury effected games/scores.

I think you will find these stats have more to do with the formula than sandi's performance throughout the season, to find the truth of it tho pull up his scores round by round for each season and see if like Goodes he always scores a much higher average in the 2nd half of the season, then you will know for sure.

Ringo

Another good one to look at from last year is Ablett who dropped dramatically to just below $500k

Bruce McAvaney

Last year's prices aren't accurate because there was 33 players in squads and the magic number was way lower.

cdonny

I'd even start with Sandi, if you look at his actual individual scores for each round of last season he did bloody well! His average dropped due to the games in which he was injured in.

Remember also, that the ruck scoring system was altered to really boost some higher ruck scores - of which Sandi only got half a season of, compared to say Cox, who got inflated scores all year. This also makes Sandi extremely undervalued in my book.

Wish I could start with him, but I'm also rocking Mummy, and they share the bye... damn byes!