Shaun Burgoyne

Started by Bennyy, February 17, 2012, 10:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bennyy

What are everyone thoughts on this guy now he is an option in defence! And MPP. I had him in my initial side but have since moved him out for Heath scotland due to a tactic of another rookie mid instead of hayes.

Just saw he did really well in his first NAB cup game and was in the best. I know its way to early to tell but thoughts on him?!

Usman

Super pick if he gets a run through the mids, as he can brake a game open like few others can, but i dont know if that will happen??

MC

Birchall>Burgoyne imo.

Pay the extra 75k and be done with it.

Bennyy

Yeah well ive payed an extra 150 and gotten scotland. Know from experience how hard good scoring defenders are to come by! One to watch tho I think if he were to get mids time

bottlemart

I want to see more of burgoyne, but I remain interested. 

Hes always been a good player and seeing a bit of him last night I think he still has it.  The role in defence rather than midfield time is the worry.

Mozza3

Clarkson has come out and stated that he'd prefer to play Burgoyne in defence. He basically said at his age he'd rather not play him in the midfield so to hopefully preserve his career a bit longer. Saying that, I think he can provide good value as a rebounding defender, especially with the return of Gillham and Stratton to the back six.

ando_10

suckling>birchall>burgoyne

Swallow12

Doubt he will be released too much into the mids, though apparently suckling may be..