Green captain no more, you interested in him this season

Started by Colliwobblers, February 13, 2012, 04:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you consider Green the ex Dee captain ?

YES
4 (20%)
NO
11 (55%)
MAYBE
5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Colliwobblers

Green at pre season training, lost the captaincy, reckon he will be a little peeved about it and will want to smash it this year to show his value

what are your thoughts? pressure off just play his best footy and smash it? or just get worse ?

Ziplock

he averaged 100 in 2010, he has to be considered along with players like brown, riewoldt/s, didak etc.

mitch clarke should take some pressure off up forward and scullys departure may leave a spot open in the mids?

however, we won't really know squat until NAB when it comes down to it.

mezzoculo

Perhaps as an upgrade after the Dees bye?

Melbourne have an 'orrible pre-bye draw but manage a better run on the way to DT finals.

PowerBug

Lions01

Quote from: Ziplock on February 13, 2012, 04:48:37 PM
he averaged 100 in 2010, he has to be considered along with players like brown, riewoldt/s, didak etc.

mitch clarke should take some pressure off up forward and scullys departure may leave a spot open in the mids?

however, we won't really know squat until NAB when it comes down to it.

Thought the same thing Zip when we traded Clarke, Hopefully frees him or maybe Sylvia up

Justin Bieber

Very dissapointing last year. Don't know if I can take the risk again...

azza707

I agree he is very tempting as a relatively cheapish forward and very unique, will have to watch NAB. but even then dee's pre-bye draw is woeful which puts me off, whereas someone like voldt has a very easy draw to start.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: azza707 on February 14, 2012, 01:29:31 PM
I agree he is very tempting as a relatively cheapish forward and very unique, will have to watch NAB. but even then dee's pre-bye draw is woeful which puts me off, whereas someone like voldt has a very easy draw to start.

prospectus lists the Dee's as the easiest draw in the comp.

2nd easiest adelaide

then north and suns

BUT YOU ARE RIGHT - the dees have a MUCH easier run home after the bye, similar to richmonds situation.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/128888/default.aspx

mezzoculo

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 14, 2012, 02:11:10 PM

2nd easiest adelaide

then north and suns

BUT YOU ARE RIGHT - the dees have a MUCH easier run home after the bye, similar to richmonds situation.

Especially considering their final 5 games: GCS   STK   gws   ADE   fre

Holz

I think the moves over the off-season may benefit Sylvia, Green sho9uld improve but not enough to be worth starting with and i don't think he will average high enough to be an upgrade target.

Sylvia on the other hand, i dont think im gutsy enough to start him but he could be in my team after the bye

elli

Sylvia could end up being one of the biggest premos in the fwdline this season, even including all these new fwd/mid dpp players they've given us this year

Windigo

azza707

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 14, 2012, 02:11:10 PM

2nd easiest adelaide

then north and suns

yea i know, before the bye they have one of the hardest, but yet after that its all downhill for them. So in saying that, you would be picking green or even sylvia for that matter, hoping that they burst out of the blocks hard and you get an edge on your opponents with a unique pick. however, you would think that with such a hard draw that this will probably limit how much they lift their average by in the first 12 rounds or so and thus what your hoping for these players to do will be affected.

if they start smashing it after the bye then everyone will jump on them anyways as mid season upgrades. Therefore i think players like green and sylvia are perfect role models of forwards I'm staying clear of. they do potentially have a lot of upside, but its just hard to see them improving much in the first half of the season. other forwards like this include robbie gray and dustin martin for mine. Sure,  there is a definite chance that these players may also start the season on fire and tear up despite their tough draw. but to be safe i have tried to look for other fwd premiums who have some upside and a relatively easier draw to begin with, which will hopefully help them raise their average to start off with, and this means players like voldt, siddebottom and zaha for example

elephants

Hmmmm I'm almost keen. Mainly due to the fact he won't be playing deep forward anymore with Clark around. Watch his nab.