Help a DT newbie

Started by superspud, August 06, 2009, 02:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superspud

OK so this is my first year of DT and I have been lucky enough to make the finals (elimination final this week).  I am in the position now of having 8 trades remaining and $141k in the bank. (Yes I did start a few weeks late, but it's my first year and I promise I'll be on time next year ;))

Please let me know what you think of my team and pass on any suggestions from the infinite DT wisdom that resides within this forum!  ;D

My team:
Backs:
Goddard, Fisher, Mackie, Hodge, Shaw, Carrazzo, Broughton (L Henderson, C Pearce)

Mids:
Ablett, NDS, Murphy, Cooney, Davenport, Anthony (Wellingham, Walters)

Rucks:
HMac, Petrie (J White, Pyke)

Forwards:
Reiwoldt, J Brown, Delidio, Davis, Buddy, Jurrah, Tarrant (Neagle, Wade Thompson)

I like my backline and think thats pretty set (except for cashing in Henderson for a rookie)

I have two well performing rookies in the midfield but don't want to have to rely on them - Jimmy and Lenny look particularly attractive if I can find a way to afford them.

The biggest hole in the side is up forward though (why I picked a spud like Taz I'll never know), and Neagle is giving some support for Jurrah now, but won't hold his place when Lloydy returns.  I'd love to get Pav in this week but my wishlist is looking a far cry from reality at the moment...

Any suggestions on trades for the coming few weeks would REALLY be appreciated!

Thanks all.

admrap

u want to trade davenport when he peaks but u got to get tarrant out of there.

Trade wellingham to playing rookie and upgrade tarrant

superspud

My final team (after this week - assuming I dont have to use any trades to cover Saints players ::)) will be:

Backs:
Goddard, Fisher, Mackie, Hodge, Shaw, Carrazzo, Broughton (C Pearce)

Mids:
Ablett, NDS, Murphy, Cooney, Watson, Gibbs (Walters)

Rucks:
HMac, Petrie (J White, Pyke)

Forwards:
Reiwoldt, J Brown, Delidio, Davis, Buddy, Pav, Fev (Neagle)

I have only included playing bench cover, at this point in the season no point in mentioning those who won't get a game...

What do you think? probably a better side on paper than on current form but I'm pretty happy with it as a first year team.  if only I could have afforded one more real premium (ie Swan) for the midfield i'd be REALLY happy