Old McDonald or a new rookie?

Started by tor01doc, February 13, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tor01doc

Seems a lot have talked up J McDonald in Sydney's wild west for leadership, JS etc...but will he outscore a decent rookie?

Thoughts please ladies (if any are watching) and gentlemen (likewise).

Thanks

verda32

I think it is impossible to read what sheedy will be doing with selections early in the season. GWS will get belted and therefore sheedy might make multiple changes every week, rotating 30-35 players throughout the season. So therefore i would consider getting a rookie such as S.Ross or T.Mitchell

Bruizer81

Carry out and search and you will find plenty of topics relating to this question

So many options, so many rookies

Footyrulz

mcdonald might be good to make some quick cash bbut i just dont know if he will provide consistent back up. i think he will be rotated.

yorgis

prolly play the same role as daniel harris did for gold coast last year and might average about 70

tor01doc

Average 70 odd - value jumps to $385000 odd - profit $280000-ish.

Pity this is not the real world!

c4v3m4n

Guys remember that just two years ago, he averaged 99 for Melbourne. Then teared it up in the VAFA for the Old Xavs, paving his way for a final sendoff/coaching role at GWS.

I think he'll get more games than you think for two reasons.

1. The old saying, "Protection for those younger bodies".
2. Being an assistant coach, he's also Sheedy's voice out on the field. That's going to be invaluable in the early stages of the season for GWS.

IMO, he'll play at least 75% of the season and will average 80+.

Now ask yourself this, how many rookies from last year averaged better than 80?