Dusty Martin & Deledio

Started by Torress, February 11, 2012, 06:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torress

Do i have rocks in my head???

richmond have a nasty first 11 rounds IMO compared to their run home.

blues
pies
dees
cats
eagles (eithad)
port (aami)
swans
bombers
hawks
saints
freo

now i to date have barely if not seen a team without atleast one of dusty and lids (most teams have both locked) and justifyably so! but are they better upgrade targets as fixture after the bye is rather favourable? and better upgrade targets as you would be rather unique not having either from the start? (especially if they both have slow starts to the season due to opposition)
i guess it would directly come down to who you have inplace of these two to see if you either get a leg up or a leg down. it would be a big leg up as the masses would have these 2.

richmonds remaining games are :

GWS round 12
bye
crows
dees
suns
north
blues
doggies
freo
bombers
port

so, do i have rocks in my head thinking of not starting either and upgrading after rd 13?

Jay

I wont be starting with lids...this injury scare has made it certain! After the bye he'll be gold tho =)

nathan11

i think you are at least with dlids scores against carlton last year 92, 103 vs pies 138, vs cats 115  nothing wrong with your defenders having games there team is going to have to do a lot of defending in

kilbluff1985

Franklin has a tough start also are you not going to start with him for this reason either?

Torress

no no i'm not saying i'm doing this i'm just considering it. instead of lids who is very pricey for a defender especially if you lock in GOD. you can maybe save 60k and pick broughts. it also brings in suckers or birchall instead as they have the same bye as tigers and saints.

Quote from: nathan11 on February 11, 2012, 06:14:17 PM
i think you are at least with dlids scores against carlton last year 92, 103 vs pies 138, vs cats 115  nothing wrong with your defenders having games there team is going to have to do a lot of defending in

this is a fair point mate - but lids is not forcast to spend time down back this season!

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on February 11, 2012, 06:17:07 PM
Franklin has a tough start also are you not going to start with him for this reason either?
buddy is locked fool! lol

as i said i'm just starting conversation there are so many ways to go about it this year.

ben_020285

If you've got rocks in your head then so do I..

I'm not starting with either of them because of the difficulty of their draw for the first half of the season but will be upgrade targets after their bye for certain.

meow meow

This doesn't apply to Deledio. He can smash out a huge score against anyone. Usually scores huge against Hawthorn from memory.

Colliwobblers

yeah i wanted martin from the start but im wavering on him due the draw but i agree the draw wont effect lids so he stays martin might go.

i think conca is going to break out htis season too, and a player that breaks out generally has to be had from round 1, given the draw that makes him hard to pick also, even tho his first year he played as well or better vs top teams.

meow meow

I wouldn't count on Conca having a breakout. I've seen nothing to suggest he'll improve heaps. Batchelor is more likely to average 80+ than Conca is.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: meow meow on February 11, 2012, 07:40:26 PM
I wouldn't count on Conca having a breakout. I've seen nothing to suggest he'll improve heaps. Batchelor is more likely to average 80+ than Conca is.

I'm pretty sure Conca will average 80+ he will be playing in the midfield as a midfielder, last season he spent a lot of his time in lock down roles in the backline. That won't happen this year at all.

But you may be right that 2nd year slump 3rd year breakout pattern is too often how it goes to ignore it but i got a feeling :)

i'll put my money on Conca ove Batchelor but again I'm NO EXPERT 100% not an expert but I have a feeling :)

meow meow

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 11, 2012, 07:45:04 PM
Quote from: meow meow on February 11, 2012, 07:40:26 PM

I'm pretty sure Conca will average 80+ he will be playing in the midfield as a midfielder, last season he spent a lot of his time in lock down roles in the backline. That won't happen this year at all.

But you may be right that 2nd year slump 3rd year breakout pattern is too often how it goes to ignore it but i got a feeling :)

i'll put my money on Conca ove Batchelor but again I'm NO EXPERT 100% not an expert but I have a feeling :)

The 2nd/3rd year rule is all a load of crap.

My feeling is the Conca is barely in Richmond's best 22, and he has no tools to be able to improve rapidly. He won't get faster, and he's already too slow to be a full time mid. He won't be able to match the endurance of seasoned mids. He doesn't have elite long kicking. He plays too safe to have huge impact on matches. I don't know why there is so much hype about him. Wishful thinking is clouding peoples judgement.

Colliwobblers

bomberboy0618

Quote from: ben_020285 on February 11, 2012, 06:42:13 PM
If you've got rocks in your head then so do I..

I'm not starting with either of them because of the difficulty of their draw for the first half of the season but will be upgrade targets after their bye for certain.
Same as me. I didnt pick them purely because I wanted a POD. The draw came after.