RMDT - Unique's Galore

Started by r0cksteady, February 09, 2012, 09:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r0cksteady

Hi All,

Firstly when you see my team im not crazy, I finished DT last year around the 12k mark which is respectable.

Im going for a league win and am not worried about the byes because im planning on making the top 8 so even if I loose 3 weeks it shouldnt matter plus by then i would have traded cash cows up to premiums etc to allow for this.

Im expecting you to tear this to pieces (which is a good thing) but first an explanation, im focusing on a lot of the unique players who will spend time this year in the middle as per the prospectus and pre-season reports on the afl website.

eg:
Adam Selwood (was listed as a mid, now a def but will play up field, dropped a lot in price)
Mark LeCras (has been training pre-season as a mid fielder according to afl club page)
Hayden Ballantyne (mentioned on club site to be moving into mid field)
Patrick Dangerfield (also mentioned on his club site to spend more time in mid field - overdue for breakout)

All risks but my idea is that the spots I have available in the mid field for premiums will probably require more thought after the season starts because theres too many premiums to choose from and its hard to know who will really stand up and be counted. Plus its the mid field rookies that will go up in price the quickest (generally speaking). Ive taken a punt on Liam Shiels from Hawks as I really do feel like he will shine this season with Mitchell copping the tag.

DEFENDERS:
Goddard B, Shaw H, Suckling M, Grimes J, Selwood, A, Clarke M, Morris S.
BENCH: Darley S, Spurr L

MIDFIELDERS:
Ablett G, Thompson S, Shiels L, Coniglio S, Shiel D, McDonald J.
BENCH: Tyson D, Mitchell T

RUCKS:
Leuenberger M, Mumford S
BENCH: Giles J, Stephensen O

FORWARDS:
Zaharakis D, Martin D, Lewis J, LeCras M, Ballantyne H, Dangerfield P, Porplyzia J
BENCH: Zorko D, Treloar A

43K in bank, obviously NAB will change things.

All feedback welcome but understand im not wanting a team the same as everyone else because last year I made it into the grand final only to find both our teams were the same bar 1 player which wasnt fun.

So please tell me share your feedback in alarm bells raised

yorgis

i understand what you're trying to do. you have about 6 premos and 9-10 mid pricers. i don't think however, you will have

enough trades to turn those mid pricers into premos by the finals, considering how many many midfield rooks you need to

upgrade. you also have to allow for LTI and trades for finals. i really think you need at least 10 premos from the get go

r0cksteady

Cheers for the feedback. I agree with what your saying, but Im hoping that of the mid-ranged players some of them will actually become premiums ie. lecras & dangerfield in particular. Reducing the ammount of upgrades required.

Plus with Prem-Mid Fielders Swan, Murphy, Pendles, Dal Santo etc etc I think it would be more advantageous to pick them once it becomes clear what sort of year they are having.  No?

If you dont like it then what would you rather me change but still keeping a slightly unique flavour to it.

yorgis

for a start I would go porps >>>> treloar and balla >>>> pav, since you do'nt wanna touch mids and expect lecras

and danger to take the next step

r0cksteady

Anyone else have some thoughts? good or bad. Appreciate your time in reading and responding. Thanks