rioliiiiiii

Started by cortez, February 02, 2012, 03:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cortez

and fyfe is coming off in interupted preseason... would anyone consider starting chappy and stevie in the same team?

Ziplock

goodes is a real dilemma this year.

Swans have the easiest start to the year, and the most difficult finish.

But goodes generally starts slow and finishes strong.

lets look at his numbers from the first half of the season last year against bottom 9, and his numbers second half vs top 8
bottom 9 in first half
1- Melbourne 76
7-WBD 129
8- PTA- 115
10- NMFC- 76
11- BL- 109
12- RICH- 60

top 8 in 2nd half
13- CARL- 91
14- COLL- 92
20- ESS- 139
22- STK-102
23- GEE- 108

and the 98 and 82 in the finals vs STK and HAW

AVG bottom 8 first half- 94.2
AVG top 8 second half- 106.4

as tempting as that first game vs GWS is, those stats are pretty convincing. Goodes got his 3 highest scores last season in the second half, including a 139 against essendon.

He did carve up against teams like WBD and BL  in both games he played them. But he doesn't play either of them until round 10, and round 10 onwards play WBD 2x, BL 1, GC 1, GWS 1, HAW 1, COLL 1, who are the teams he averages the most against (GWS is a presumption)

Whilst the teams he plays in the first half include FRE, NM, PA, RICH, ADEL, STK who are his worst averaging teams. The only games he'll probably carve up are GWS, and probably one of hawthorn/ essendon (looking at past stats, he averages bad against essendon, but destroyed them last year, while averages well against hawthorn, but was avg last year)

basically, just talked myself out of picking goodes again. I'll upgrade to him either round 9, 10 or 13.

Hippo

For me it's who do I upgrade too out of franklin and goodes with starting one of them, and it's come too starting goodes but purely on 90% starting Franklin and franklins start as mentioned previously.

I will take goodes avg from the start and more pts for the yr as he always scores more because he plays more games

CFC 1979

Rioli for me but can't afford him

Torress

if buddy is roaring from the start i don't think it matters who the hawks play personally!! i hope buddy  kicks ten goals first up vs the pies!! and i go for essendon!!! lol

i can see the pros and cons for starting or not starting buddy. if he is super fit come round 1 you are taking a risk without him. but it does come down to your structure.

cortez

Did goodes changes positions last year from when he  was just going ok to absolutely killing it?

cortez

Cause by memory i swear he was killing it wgen he was in tbe mids. And now with tommy walsh coming in along with pike he should spend more time in tbe midfield yea?

Capper

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 03, 2012, 12:24:32 AM
I dont like either franklin or goodes for the start of the season. Goodes has started slow and come home like a freight train for the last 3or4 years. I am worried about Franklin with his early run of games, and if he starts to lose confidence.
Rioli burnt me twice last year, so I am not going anywhere near him this year.

+1 But I think GWS wont know wat to do with Goodes and Tommy up front. He might ave a good first round but then dip a little

WillDel

QuoteBut I think GWS wont know wat to do with Goodes and Tommy up front. He might ave a good first round but then dip a little

This is true. But i think Sydney wont be as reliant on Goodes in the FWDs. Dont forget Reid. Having Walsh, Reid and Goodes in the FWD line will be messy. I think Goodes will play a midfield - wing attacking role.

Capper

Quote from: WillDel on February 04, 2012, 07:34:22 PM
QuoteBut I think GWS wont know wat to do with Goodes and Tommy up front. He might ave a good first round but then dip a little

This is true. But i think Sydney wont be as reliant on Goodes in the FWDs. Dont forget Reid. Having Walsh, Reid and Goodes in the FWD line will be messy. I think Goodes will play a midfield - wing attacking role.

Reid will be CHF and and Walsh at FF. Goodes may rotate with these guys and the mids

yorgis

rioli gets special treatment to ease his hammys every game. he is supposed to have altered his running style to put less

strain on them, but you cant teach an old dog new tricks [ i mean, he's been running the same way for 20 odd years .

would'nt go anywhere near him.