DPP

Started by esquire, February 10, 2012, 07:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esquire

Hi all,
I may have missed an answer to this but can anyone tell if the new rules for substituting DPP players would allow this hypothetical:

DEF ....... Smedts ........
MID ....... Deledio ........
FWD ....... Christensen .......

Smedts is a DEF/FWD, Deledio MID/DEF and Christensen FWD/MID

Could I substitute Christensen to MID, Deledio to DEF and Smedts to FWD in one substitution? Or are the rules only flexible enough to allow me to, for example trade out Smedts, send Deledio to DEF and bring in another MID?

Cheers

Ziplock

yeah, trade out a forward rookie, move smedts to fwd, then deledio to back, christensen to mids, then trade in a fwd rookie :P

Kuruki

In a substitution no. Once you click on Christensen you will not be able to select Smedts or Deledio.

Ziplock

what? you sure?

I'm pretty sure that's how the dpp rules are supposed to work...

nathan11

Quote from: Kuruki on February 11, 2012, 09:40:52 AM
In a substitution no. Once you click on Christensen you will not be able to select Smedts or Deledio.

correct with a trade you can use the dpp a bit more freely, but subs are still the same as last year has to be like for like

DUAL POSITION PLAYER TRADES - You'll now have more flexibility with how you trade, by being able to move dual position players within your team during the trading process - without having to have a 'matching' dual position player in the other position. For example, you may:
For example, you may:
a) elect to trade out a Forward who is not a dual position player.
b) If you have a Defender who is also a Forward, you may substitute them into the Forward spot left vacant by the player you elected to trade out.
c) You'll now have a vacant Defender spot on your team

d) In effect, you are therefore trading out a Forward for trading in a Defender

Craark

Quote from: nathan11 on February 11, 2012, 02:52:51 PM
correct with a trade you can use the dpp a bit more freely, but subs are still the same as last year has to be like for like

DUAL POSITION PLAYER TRADES - You'll now have more flexibility with how you trade, by being able to move dual position players within your team during the trading process - without having to have a 'matching' dual position player in the other position. For example, you may:
For example, you may:
a) elect to trade out a Forward who is not a dual position player.
b) If you have a Defender who is also a Forward, you may substitute them into the Forward spot left vacant by the player you elected to trade out.
c) You'll now have a vacant Defender spot on your team

d) In effect, you are therefore trading out a Forward for trading in a Defender
Nice Nathan.
Imagine how much easier it would be if you could do substitutions like that!?

mezzoculo

So, given the example given you would have to TRADE OUT your forward (Christensen) before switching Smedts from defence to the forward line and then brining Lids to the backline from the midfield.

You will then be able to trade in a gun/rookie to fill the midfield vacancy left by Deledio...