Main Menu

PLEASE HELP: Team in Crisis!

Started by Luigi197, February 11, 2012, 12:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi197

Hey everyone, Luigi here. Sorry for creating another thread, but i really want people to listen to me here.

I am starting my 3rd Season in FTP. I am in Scotland SOD 4.3, T20 4.3, and Youth 4.7
I have 670k in the bank.

I lost both my senior matches this week rating 129 in both. I don't really care about my Youths yet, and plan to work on those once i get my Senior team quite good.

What I would really like to know is:
HOW to improve my Senior Squad: http://www.fromthepavilion.org/seniors.htm?teamId=4943
WHO to buy to improve my team. ^^ How much i should buy, and which stats etc.
WHAT should i want to be doing with my tactics, in general, standard-ly
ARE any of my Training programs wrong, and should i change some.
WHICH pitches should i be using Now, and which ones should i want to be using in the future with a better squad.

My Senior Academy is Satisfactory while my Youth Academy is Inadequate.
Planning to tank my way, using my youths in my Pavilion Cup match.
My Stadium holds 10,000.

Please don't be too harsh, but still tell me ways to improve my team and win more matches.
Thanks a lot :)

CrowsFan

If I wasn't about to go out I would help you out, but might be able to later if no one else has by then.

By the way we can't see what orders you set for matches even if you post the link. That just sends us to our club page ;)

Luigi197

Quote from: CrowsFan on February 11, 2012, 12:58:06 PM
If I wasn't about to go out I would help you out, but might be able to later if no one else has by then.

By the way we can't see what orders you set for matches even if you post the link. That just sends us to our club page ;)

Thanks.

ohh ok CF. I'll edit that.

Cicjose

you could post a screenshot of your orders to help us out

Master Q

Firstly, don't know why you upgraded your stadium to 10,000 - That is just a waste of money.

Some of your younger players aren't that bad, but I'd sell a few of them (like this guy - http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=577310) and use your 670k to buy some older players who have at least Out/Out primaries.

MajorLazer

Luigi, I haven't looked to carefully at all of your players, but I strongly suggest training fielding and setting a minimum fielding level for your seniors. Fielding has been adjusted and is very important and can also help you get better ratings.

PowerBug

Quote from: MajorLazer on February 11, 2012, 02:09:20 PM
Luigi, I haven't looked to carefully at all of your players, but I strongly suggest training fielding and setting a minimum fielding level for your seniors. Fielding has been adjusted and is very important and can also help you get better ratings.
Yes, do that. I set Cap Fielding for my players, only only that won't be getting that is Dorenagama, who is Avg + Safe Hands

valkorum

I personally set a min of reliable fielding (when I was playing seniors).  I found that having out/out players with reli fielding I was able to beat sides consistently that had spec+/spec+ primary whores.

Cookie311993

The first thing I can thing off is your stadium is rather big for someone who wouldnt have to big of a supporter base. As for players look for improvements on your current players. Eg. If you have acc/acc players upgrade to expert/acc or exp/exp players that will see a steady improvement in your side.

Decide on what you want from your side. Young seniors, old seniors or combination. Look for players whose wages you will able to afford. I don't think tactics is an issue right now as your ratings are a long way off the pace

Luigi197

OK :)

1. I have 825 supporters, and recently upgraded my Stadium to 10,000 because i thought being in the lower divisions, hence winning more matches and gaining more supporters. Plus there are tons more managed teams in my leagues, so I upgraded my stadium so that it could fit more people? Because i was getting sold out matches last week, and this way i can make more money from Gate takings.
2. I have 12 people in each squad, so ATM i can't sell anyone until i buy someone first. Otherwise, yeah Q, i have had Jack Colley (the guy you linked), ever since i started cause he was a nice rounded player and a good backup for fatigue.
3. Cookie, you want me to decide what type of players i want? I say, that unless i find a really good bargain, i want my players, At the moment, to be 24 or under, so i can train them up for a while. Experience has been a problem in the past, because i never used to take that into consideration, so that would explain the poor experience in my team.
4. BB said I should be wanting acc/acc for a 20 year old, exp/exp for a 22 year old, and outs/outs for a 24 year old. With experience ranging from average to capable. Thoughts? And I also have been looking for someone with well rounded secondaries.
5. And yes, agreed then, Fielding will be important. More important that Endurance?
6. Screen shots of tactics, MAY come soon, maybe... But i guess, In FTP, there are other priorities in front of tactics, right?

bomberboy0618

Trust me on this one, get your tactics right. I can tell you first hand that without good tactics your players mean squat. Its like if I managed United. I have the talent, but no idea what Im doing, so they dont reach their potential.

Luigi197

Could some one send me a link to some players that i should get based on what i need? (24y.o or under)