0 (0%)
Barlow
2 (4.2%)
Someone else???
2 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 3

popedelio

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on February 06, 2012, 05:53:44 PM
Ok It has to be Thommo. He has stats to back him up for years and then a draw to make you water around the lips. He is also one of the leaders in a young improving side he will surely add a few points to his 2011 average

Rockliff is a no for me. (now i will be a victim of many hate crimes) People can rate him all they want but to be honest I dont want to be taking any risks with my premium midfielders. He is a young midfielder who has had one season of premium. He has one season over 100pts and then after that it is a high 80s. Im sorry but id much rather a midfielder who has years and years of premium years and is in a side that will actually improve. Rockliff will probably end up in my team in years to come but not after one premium season (anyone ever heard of Brian Lake, Ryan Hargrave, Sam Gilbert???) Just coz they have had one good year doesnt mean they are premium for the rest of their life

now for your third mid. If you are playing for byes it makes it difficult but if not cant go past Joel Selwood or even just having pendles and swan

I totally agree with you, but rockys stats don't lie, he has continued to improve in every season. So again ill give you another cheeky number crunch

Season 2010
rds 1-11 (8 games)
avg: 76.25 sd: 25.27

rds 12-22 (11 games)
avg: 95 sd:13.4

Season 2011
rds 1-12 (8 games, removed subbed game where he got injured)
avg: 106.87 sd: 18.76

rd 13-24 (11 games)
avg:120.63 sd: 13.55

He has continued to improve throughout the year and is super consistent

http://www.lions.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5085/newsid/128152/default.aspx
this article has rockliff saying that he wants to improve more and play finals

If this doesn't convince you, well i'm not sure what will hahahaha

elephants

Gaaaaaah I'm back on Rocky. I'm gonna have to flip a coin. It doesn't matter either way I guess. The one that doesn't make my team will be in there come round 12 I'd say.

The F.A.R.K.

Memphistopheles

Selwood is the man for me. If he hadn't missed games with injury and suspension I think he would have been right up there last season as one of the top overall scorers.

Out of Thommo and Rocky I would go Rocky just because I like him more as a player, but as you say a coin flip - either one is good.

Although personally I don't think I'll go with either. Prefer Selwood, Ablett Swan or Pendles and Boyd/Murphy as my 4 prem picks.

Rocket Dons