Previous topic - Next topic

Rioli or Martin?

Cyril
7 (30.4%)
Dustin
16 (69.6%)

Total Members Voted: 2

ben_020285

I already have Franklin and need another prem from the round 13 bye group.

Rioli has his hammy issues while Martin doesn't play well against good sides and the Tigers face every side from last years top 8 during the first 10 rounds.

Tough call, what do you think?

jballstars

Martin i simple dont trust Cyril at all

MC

In a simple head to head i'd say Rioili. But because you've got Franklin i'd have to say go with Martin for differentiation.

Kenny27

cortez

I got both abd buddy :-) we'll see if martin doesnt play well this year with an extra pre season under his belt. Remember he is just a kid.

Kenny27

More focus.will be on stopping Cotchin then Martin and if they slow him down a bit he has the ability to play out of the goal square he is to powerful one on one.

Hardwick will play him like Little Gazza resting him in the forward line he should score well not to Capt. Ablett's level but a 100 av. might not be far off the cards

Dudge

Cyril can be dynamite, but hammy s scare me. On the other hand Martin might not be as explosive but more durable i think

coolfugitiv0

Martin is still young and should improve this year.
Cyril has changed his running style, which supposedly should fix his hammy worries, though I'm still not sure about him.

Having said that, I've got both :)

upthemaidens

my feeling (may not be fact)  martin seems more consistant, where as rioli is very up and down.
averages will probably be similar,, i think martin is more likely to play 22 games

Wolf67

I had martin in my line up until yesterday when i swapped him with Cyril, simply because of the tigers draw.  I remember dane swan dropping to about $480k last year, which was unthinkable at the start of the season when he was starting price well over $600k, and was playing well early.  A couple of quiet games against quality teams and martin could be a cheap upgrade in the first half of the season.

i've had Cyril for the last 2 years, and his hammys and groins do worry me, but at this stage, I'm favouring Cyril.  i may re-assess after the Nab Cup.