V3 - RATE MY TEAM PIC not text!

Started by stonay, February 05, 2012, 01:44:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stonay

this is my 3rd team ive made up, gone for slightly cheaper rucks (outing sandilands for mcevoy) and gone with more rookies to enable more premiums.

my main question to you guys is, should i downgrade jelwood to put stevie J in the forward line in place of dangerfield? but then the question is, who do i put in place in my mids?

i was also toying with the idea of taking out dangerfield and ablett, which would give me cotchin in midfield and stevie j in the FWD position, but i feel i would have too many richmond players........

tips advice or comments welcome :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Purple 77

I like that team. I wouldn''t downgrade to get Stevie J

Maybe one defender too short, but very solid

MC

Very nice team. Consider the bye however where you'll have 3 prems out of your midfield in wk12. Pendles to a 600k mid gives you 100k for a defensive upgrade. I like that it's different though - strong forward line esp.

stonay

Quote from: MC on February 05, 2012, 04:16:21 PM
Very nice team. Consider the bye however where you'll have 3 prems out of your midfield in wk12. Pendles to a 600k mid gives you 100k for a defensive upgrade. I like that it's different though - strong forward line esp.

thanks for the advice! i thought id raise the stakes a little bit with most people saying to pick only 2 our ot GAJ pendles and swan. But with what you've said, i think i may have to downgrade pendles to maybe swallow, who would you recommend bringing on board in the backline? ive even considered dumping bower for buntine...
I was also contemplating waiting it out until week 10,11,12 and racking up the points with the swan/pendles/GAJ setup then trading out the rookies/cashcows  and upgrading them to possible add 2 extra prems into the mids OR placing some of my fwd/mids into the middle and maybe chucking in a buddy or a fyfe when their dollar has dropped...

Quote from: Purple 77 on February 05, 2012, 02:57:47 PM

I like that team. I wouldn''t downgrade to get Stevie J

Maybe one defender too short, but very solid

thanks for the reassurance on Stevie J. Just felt even though he did really well last year, i dont know if he will do it again. Im now just trying to decide which backman i should go after, any thoughts? i was even thinking grimes since his been named captain but its a risk (like lake is)  thanks!

MC

Lake is so tempting for his price but i feel safer with Grimes for the extra 100k or so. One of those gun mids could become a perfect upgrade target for rd12. Remember the start of last year for Swan? Struggle town!

stonay

Quote from: MC on February 05, 2012, 06:21:40 PM
Lake is so tempting for his price but i feel safer with Grimes for the extra 100k or so. One of those gun mids could become a perfect upgrade target for rd12. Remember the start of last year for Swan? Struggle town!

Yeah true! thats a good point you bring up! i may just chill with this lineup during the nab cup, and if the pies stars play asses them to see where their at. Its hard not to want to start the 3 big guns at the start of the year, when most only have 2 max haha! ALSO lake will be a NAB cup time decision. thanks for the tips dude greatly appreciated :)

MC

Quote from: stonay on February 06, 2012, 12:29:34 AM
Quote from: MC on February 05, 2012, 06:21:40 PM

Yeah true! thats a good point you bring up! i may just chill with this lineup during the nab cup, and if the pies stars play asses them to see where their at. Its hard not to want to start the 3 big guns at the start of the year, when most only have 2 max haha! ALSO lake will be a NAB cup time decision. thanks for the tips dude greatly appreciated :)
No worries, good luck!