whats your hunch??

Started by big_cox21, February 04, 2012, 01:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

big_cox21

priddis swallow or boyd?
that is my question

last season swallow was capable of monster games but then went missing in too many other
will that extra year of development and the added responsibility of captancy mean a reduced amount of sub par games?

will priddis again continue his upward trend of scoring and become a 120 per game scorer?

or should i go with boyd even though cross is currently in my midfield?

also is priddis likely to have another season where he plays under 20 games? the other 2 have consistantly put together 22 game seasons

itchytradefinger

Definitely not Boyd. Flip a coin on those other 2. With Priddis you know what you're going to get. That is, 95-120 ppg. As for Swallow, well, he should be just about coming into the prime of his career. Either Swallow or Priddis would be good choices. Pick the one you like watching the most.

m-ry

i had the same choice and went priddis due to the fact i'd watch west coast more the north, plus my misses go's for north so i try not to give her any fuel.
both will/should be top 10 mids come end of year

Torress

i traded in swallow and got rewarded with a 190 straight up!
mate just gained the captaincy - i reckon that could fuel the fire more could be up for a ripper season. but i'm prob not starting him!! just cos gaj,pendles,swan,murphy and selwood are all better

big_cox21

i went with swallow because i think he will have a more consistant season this year and still have more dominant games, he is also cheaper and it allowed me to swap cross for montagna.

also i thought that come supercoach finals west coast may have a top 4 spot locked up and decide to rest priddis, whereas kangas could be fighting for a top eight and swallow will have to be at his best

Purple 77

Swallow. But no one ever things of Priddis

Kuruki

My hunch is your better off going with the guys who are going to finish top 10 mid's. From this group, Boyd will be the only one imo, yet he is the only one getting no love. Go figure.

ubeaut

Boyd and Priddis are two of the most underated S.C players. If Boyd's disposal was a bit better and his team was doing better he'd be in alot more teams. If Priddis payed for a Victorian club he'd also be in more teams. And, as someone has already mentioned Gazza, Selwood, Pendles, Swan, and Murphy are still ahead of them.
On Swallow like Boyd his disposal lets him down. However I see North improving alot this year along with Freo and Richmond.
Priddis gets my vote but Swallow has more room to improve

Big_Cox14

I'd expect all three to average a similar amount and don't think you can go wrong with whichever choice you make. All three are underrated and have the ability to be the top 10 scoring middies this year imo.

Priddis is Mr Consistent - will consistently pump out 100's.
A Swallow - Should thrive in the captaincy role and has ability to pump out big scores.
Boyd - Also has ability to pump out big scores and is very durable.

I'd say with the eagles draw that Priddis would only just get my vote out of those three in SC.

WillDel

Ide drop cross and pick up boyd. Got burnt a little by cross last year. But new coach might mean a revert back to good habits. He IS a running machine

CrowsFan

Everyone always seems to avoid picking Priddis, which I find quite odd. Has improved every year and averaged 104 or more in the last 3 seasons.
Also extremely consistent! Scored hundreds in 19 of his 22 matches last year, and in the three he didn't his scores were 92, 96 and 99. Doesn't pump out the big scores (only 6 of the 19 hundreds above 120), but you can basically guarantee 100 each week :)