Main Menu

First Crack

Started by Greeny0000, February 03, 2012, 09:41:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greeny0000

Backs- Deledio, H.Shaw, Broughton,Grimes,P.Davis,N.Brown,M.Clarke Bench-B.Ellis,Smedts

Mids- Pendles,Ablett,Swan,Murphy,Hayes,Morabito Bench- Coniglio,Wingard

Rucks- Cox,Giles Bench- Daw,Stephensen

Forwards- Franklin,N.Riewoldt,J.Brown,Folau,Porplyzia,Walsh,Patton Bench- Rowe,Crozier

Cash-$109,000

Gooner

First point, you're over budget.  So that makes it difficult to review.

Backline - get in Goddard, he's a must have and there's a reason why almost every other team has him in.  He's a lot cheaper than he was last year and should have a good year this year.  There's a lot of risk with midpricers in your backline.  Grimes is great but injury prone, Davis is also injury prone but I think he represents great value as does Grimey.  That's ok, but you need to be aware of the risk and consider that when you're trading.

Midfield - too much cash on the bench.  Swap one of your guns for someone like Mitchell (SYD) and that will free up cash.  I think the ideal strategy with the midfield is 3-4 guns, 0-1 midpricers and the remainder being rookies. 

Rucks - not sure how much footy Daw will play.  I'm not convinced that he'll play regularly and I think he's more of a project player who has been hyped up a bit because of his background and a great goal in the reserves.  I prefer the two high scoring rucks strategy, but the three rookies is a legitimate strategy this season.

Forwardline - no to Issie Folau, Patton has been in Sweden getting his kneee fixed and won't play until mid season.  I'm not a fan of key position rookies, especially with a premium.  I think Walsh could be ok though.

Have a look at some other teams to get better ideas about rookies.  Drop one of your premium midfielders for a rookie and fix up Folau and Patton at a minimum.

Greeny0000