New Draft hopefullt i dont need to change this too much.

Started by alexross, January 24, 2012, 04:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexross

I made a quick team before SC opens to get some ideas.

Def: B. Goddard, H.Shaw, M. Suckling, J, Grimes, M. Buntine, M. Clarke, S. Morris
       B. Wilkes, N. Blee

Mid: G. Ablett, M. Murphy, J. Selwood, B. Deledio, S. Clifton, D. Pfeiffer
      D. Shiel, D. Zorko

Ruck: A. Sandilands, M. Kruezer
        J. Giles, O. Stephenson

Fwd: L. Franklin, D. Martin, T. Cloke, N. Riewoldt, S. Sidebottom, D. Smith, T. Walsh
        A. Treloar, S. Rowe

Remaining Cash: $28,900

Not too sure about the rookie players but will watch the NAB cup closely.
Also the backs are a bit weak
This is my first draft so any opinions welcome.

alexross

Im also hoping to move deledio into the backline later in the season to fit in another premium mid

Luigi197

I'm not too great at rating your rookies, but i'll do my best everywhere else :)

I'm not too sure about starting 2 rookies in your backs, plus there is marty clarke, when you already have Shaw..
just a note with your starting midfield rookies. make sure they are made of gold. you dont want to waste money, especially in the midfield, on rookies that dont score and/or dont rise in price.
i have no problems with your fwds, although not sold on your starting rucks. at first glance youd think they are fine, but if you think about it a bit more, sandilands could be past his best, though COULD, plus he has is bad bad toe.. and i just dont know about Kreuzer. watch his pre-season.

8/10 :)

Colliwobblers

backline is very strong imo, i would ditch suckling or grimes and have delidio in the backline. I would also downgrade buntine to a cheap rook he would need to do a lot better to justify his extra cost 70K ? too much. add another super premium mid to delidios spot in the mids and is solid line. Ruck, hmmm i have to agree with Luigi on the ruck, i wanted to run with sandi but just cant trust him after last season ive got mummy and burger, i would love a mid pricer like kruezer, west hmac to really show something in nabcup so i can save some money, but ill want to see something special too take the risk. great fwd line tho do you think nroo will do any better than jbrown ? lot cheaper brown is i think, full preseason gun midfield, toss up, but like teh fwd line it will do fine.

dont do ratings out of ten becasue im not qualified to :) just give comments, nice side good luck.

Ringo

Agree with a lot that has been said already.
I would replace Grimes with Delidio
Get another prem rook in mids you can afford with cash
Up to you whether you downgrade N Roo $472k to Brown $398k as both imo will score similar.
Watch preseason  matches and then select best performing rookies regardless of price. May save further cash.

Sound Team and plenty to work with 7.75/10

alexross

Another updated team. Hoping to get a few players set so i dont need to change too much when NAB cup comes around.

Def: B. Goddard, H.Shaw, B. Deledio, J, Grimes, T. Mohr, M. Clarke, S. Morris
       B. Wilkes, N. Blee

Mid: G. Ablett, M. Murphy, J. Selwood, M. Barlow, D. Zorko, D. Pfeiffer
      D. Shiel, L. Brown

Ruck: S. Mumford, N. Naitanui
        J. Giles, O. Stephenson

Fwd: L. Franklin, D. Martin, C. Rioli, S. Sidebottom, A. Christensen, J. Porplyzia, D. Smith
        A. Treloar, S. Rowe

Remaining Cash: $31,900

I know Riolis hammys are a risk nut i have always loved watching him play and that is why i have him in my team.

I will also be watching out for Kreuzer and H.Mac in the NAB cup. hopefully one of them can show us something special to give us a good mid range player in the rucks.

alexross

Def: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, J. Grimes, T. Mohr, M. Clarke, S. Morris
       B. Wilkes, N. Blee

Mid: G. Ablett, M. Murphy, J. Selwood, M. Barlow, D. Zorko, J. McDonald
      D. Shiel, L. Brown

Ruck: S. Mumford, N. Naitanui
        J. Giles, O. Stephenson

Fwd: L. Franklin, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, D. Zaharakis, J. Brown, J. Porplyzia, D. Smith
        A. Treloar, D. Pfeiffer

109,600 left.

Any thoughts?

Disco

Seems reasonable although a bit risky with injury prone players in the same line ie. Broughton & Grimes and Brown & Porps.