My team atm, what do you guys think?

Started by Fedor, February 02, 2012, 01:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fedor

Sorry if it's a pain in the ass having to deal with another new team, but what do you guys think of it at the moment? Obviously still need to check NAB results, but is there anything I've missed? Like a player who's there who is injured? Not likely to play? Better alternatives etc?

There are a couple of potentially contentious picks I have in there. Andrew Walker is at a bit of an awkward price, but I've been hearing some very good things about him in training and how he might be doing more in the midfield this year. Macintosh is another guy at a bad price point, but he has been good in the past and is apparently tearing up the training. I also broke my no second-year player rule with Heppell, but I have reason to believe that he could be even better than Martin was last year.

Thanks

j959

hey Fedor (i'm a Penn/Jones (before the bandwagon) fan), think you're not getting any responses cos your pic link is failing??  ???

Update post:

def: i'm not sure on Broughts (Capt Obvious) cos you'll need to see how Lyon uses him - that lock down role which he is good at really kills his scoring ... Suckers i'm not sure will replicate what he delivered in 2011 but the early reports have him kicking 'exquisitely' so ... Redpath! that's not one that i've heard of yet (not that that means anything in particular)

mids: solid
rucks: as above - though maybe Mummy a tad expensive (he is good for SC though, don't get me wrong)

fwds: Chappy worries me with his slightly declining avg and age risk starting to creep in ... Walker would have to be carving it up in NAB Cup for mine, Cripps - want to see how his rehab from post-2011 surgery is going??

Solid 8? (i'm pretty harsh, though might have gone 7.5)  ;)

Good luck mate!  ;)

jamesalex

Looks really good and well balanced. Haven't heard much about Cripps, will he score well?

j959

Quote from: jamesalex on February 02, 2012, 05:53:57 PM
Looks really good and well balanced. Haven't heard much about Cripps, will he score well?
there were some reports about Watters giving him time thru the midfield or off half-back flank??

Fedor

I didn't have Chappy in initially because of his age, but I heard a lot of talk about him going nuts in training having the best preseason ever, so I think he might rebound to being elite.

For Redpath, he's a doggies rookie who is apparently atm the best kick in the team and has been doing a lot of drills with the forward group which seems promising. As a rookie though, I'm not sure if he'll definitely get time immediately, so I'll have to wait and see on that one. Just realised, that if I ahve him, maybe I need to put him in the forward line or move Smedts forward so there is a link there.

With Cripps, I'm hearing good things and apparently he's going to have a running back role which is good. Though he is a bit expensive, so I might change him for another 100,000-120,000 rookie.

j959

Quote from: Fedor on February 02, 2012, 10:26:59 PM
I didn't have Chappy in initially because of his age, but I heard a lot of talk about him going nuts in training having the best preseason ever, so I think he might rebound to being elite.

For Redpath, he's a doggies rookie who is apparently atm the best kick in the team and has been doing a lot of drills with the forward group which seems promising. As a rookie though, I'm not sure if he'll definitely get time immediately, so I'll have to wait and see on that one. Just realised, that if I ahve him, maybe I need to put him in the forward line or move Smedts forward so there is a link there.

With Cripps, I'm hearing good things and apparently he's going to have a running back role which is good. Though he is a bit expensive, so I might change him for another 100,000-120,000 rookie.
Chappy - as long as you've factored in the risk, no worries

Repath/Smedts - i saw that, but didn't want to be too 'Capt Obvious' - is a good pick-up and will give you more flexibility