Mark Lecras... midfielder?

Started by bowyanger, January 18, 2012, 07:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowyanger

Has played some time in  the midfield the last 2 seasons.....not much mind you.

Ive got him pencilled in.

Why arent you considering him?

theta

Inconsistant. 

Not enough upside.

Doesnt play well enough away - well last season anyway.

Purple 77

Mainly the inconsistent part of him, better options at his price IMO, like N.Roo or if you go cheaper, J.Brown

elli

I'm considering him, but he needs to have ONE role in the team before he's locked in, he gets used as a mid when they're trying the whole "LETS GO TALL!!" routine up forward with his pinpoint skills he's valuable whereever they put him, one great thing about the frenchman is his JS, always in the best 22 by a long way

littlefreddy

If West Coast played every game at home he'd almost be your first picked player.
Scores extremely well at times (130+) which is why we're all so disappointed when he goes missing for a month and a half.
Last 6 game average last year was 80 odd which is only 6 less than his yearly ave I know but just too inconsistent for mine.
Too pricey for his overall return.
Better options?
Hurley, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Dawes, Stanley, McGlynn, Hawkins or Stokes.

Colliwobblers

yep inconsistant and even at is average best eeds to lift to be considered. I love the guy like the way he plays and those big games he plays and both a pleasure to watch as a fan of the game and as a dt coach (if u had him). It's not like he is a gun in a dud team he is in a good team just no consistancy, frustrating.

essendon33

It was stated on AFL.com.au that Lecras is fitter than hes ever been and will be getting midfield time..

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/128439/default.aspx

With this news he is straight into my team for Zaka (ESS), was just wondering if anyone else will be taking the punt as well?

Torress

oh yea that old chess nut!

i'm gonna go with a no, he is a tease imo!

but if he actually does come season start worth a pick mate. but when he just plays in the pocket expect your 60-90 scores.

eagles929406

As an eagles fan we heard the same news last year, it al for me depends on how brad dick goes, if he gets fit and fires in fwd line then we wont need lecca up there as much to kick goals. Was used as a swing man a few times last year but never really cemented a spot in the midfield and with shuey, selwood,kerr,priddis and co cant see him being in there enough to warrant a selection in my team. having said all that i hope he proves me wrong :)

valkorum

It doesnt say he will get extra midfield time, it says that he has been training with the midfield group.  Every year rumours fly that The French Frog will get more midfield time and it doesnt happen.

Capper

after seeing him score well last year finally got him into my team and he bombed. To small up front and dont know about him in the mids

tferrier18

Because he wont play midfield. Even if he does, hes better as a small fwd which is the role wce need him to play - theyve got plenty of mids.

Colliwobblers