'Basher' Houli

Started by Patrician, January 30, 2012, 02:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrician

What's people thoughts on Bachar?

Finally got 22 games on the board in 2011, and did all right for himself. Top 5 in the B&F, good average, good kicking effectiveness and some massive scores.

My main worries are his inconsistency, and the fact he has the Round 13 Bye.

Anyone else considering?

Matty411

Could be a good smokey to return a 90+ avg in 2012. But with the round 13 bye you'd have to have some balls to pick him. Should push into the HBF position vacated by Lids as he moves into the midfield

jasonweare

Like this guy. Also killed it in the time trails. But like you said the round 13 bye is the only deterrent. With Goddard and deledio in most teams.

theta

Anyone know if he can handle a tag?

Also, RE playing 22 games last season, was he injured at essendon? Played 4, 10, 7, and 5 games in the years 2007-10.   

ronl

Think he's probably a virgin when it comes to tags.  Still waiting for his first one.  Don't think he'll like it.

theta

Given so much of Richmonds rebound comes from him, I dont think its unrealistic to expect him to cop a 2-3rd level tag at some stage this year, even with the likes of Martin, Cotchin, etc in the midlfield.

meow meow

If Connors and Ellis play, Richmond will be spoiled for choice bringing it out of the backline with Houli, Newman, Batchelor. Safe to say that Deledio will be permanant midfield. Houli may have to share the points with the others, or it may allow him to play more midfield and step up his scoring.

Bruizer81

Can Dan Connors thow up his numbers of 2010 being approximately 85.  Rotating through the midfield...

Would consider at that price...

Connors or Lake?  Both under 300K

Patrician

Quote from: theta on January 30, 2012, 06:23:04 PM
Also, RE playing 22 games last season, was he injured at essendon? Played 4, 10, 7, and 5 games in the years 2007-10.
I believe he was out of favour with Knights.

As for the tagging issue, yeah, not sure about that to be honest. But you'd think Cotchin, Deledio and Martin would all get tagged first.

The Connors return (as well as Ellis, Morris, etc) does make me think Basher's numbers could go down. Although with Deledio going more to the Mids....who knows I guess.