Version 3 - Rate or Hate please

Started by pudmott, February 02, 2012, 09:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pudmott

Here is my latest tweaking

DEF: Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Grimes, Lake, Clarke, Mohr (Smedts, Bugg)

MID: Swan, Ablett, Scotland, Goodes, Pfeiffer, Shiel (Aylett, Brown)

RUC: Cox, Mumford (Giles, Stephensen)

FWD: Johnson, Franklin, Fyfe, N Riewoldt, Byrnes, Zorko, Treloar (Hampton, Sexton)

$40,600 left in the bank and havent looked at byes yet

SOS#1

A little risky having both grimes and lake, but I can see the upside in both of them and it is very tempting!

Scotland is an interesting pic in ur mids, obviously there for the mpp link. Not much better options out there tho I believe he is a bit overpriced

I like ur guts with Byrnes. Soooo cheap and if given a good run will make you plenty of cash and could potentially become a 6th-7th fwd keeper

Ur rookies are a little iffy at this stage, but NAB cup will sort that out :)

TheMailman

Byrnes is cheap for a reason.

Didn't do well last year at all

Why would he change this year?

Saying, "He's fitter/better this year" doesn't really cut it seeing as all of his rival positoners are much younger and quite frankly better.

Downgrade Scotland to Barlow then upgrade Byrnes to someone more useful

its me lads

not happy with grimes and lake in def

scotland could be put into def and a better ave mid put in. also i would steer clear of goodes i think he finished he best footy.

rucks are great could always downgrade mummy a bit if u need cash but i would keep it like it is.

byrnes is a big risk and i dont think riewoldt is worth getting

TheMailman

Potentially what you could do is downgrade Cox to another good ruckman (Leunburger, Kreuzer, Jacobs etc.)

Use the money and change Riewoldt to Goodes then change Goodes from the midfield into someone better/more expensive

Goodes' mpp in the mids isn't really needed if you put in players like Zorko or Pfieffer

pudmott

Matticus

Byrnes only played 5 last year so tread carefully, he is also getting older, point being, he isn't getting games though inexperience. Also fyfe had something wrong with him late last year and i am pretty sure he is only doing light pre-season.  ;D