Can't be bothered waiting till wednesday

Started by DT-SC, January 16, 2012, 08:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

ok given your 1+3 ruck choice i wont comment on that or suggest downgrading others to upgrade rook rucks.

DEF : super strong - awesome even.

MID: solid same as most 4+4

RUCK: brave but likely will cost you 20-40 points at worst on other teams each round. ( good chance your def will make them back for you against other teams however).

FWD: super strong again, adams an interesting pick and a unique one +2 for that, is he the best for his price? if so great.

Mate very strong side, the ruck thing is not an issue it is as you say a rookie in the ruck on the ground makes no difference over a rookie on the ground in the defence. not a lot anyway.

the only reason the rookie rucks strategy is criticized is the following reason.

rookies average the most in the following order (statistically true, tho there will always be exceptions)

1. midfielders
2. forwards
3. defenders
4. ruckmen

so your ruck rook on the ground is likely to score less than an opponets defender rook on the ground, but by enough to worry about???

great team good picks cant fault it adds up to a gun rook side with a couple of midpricers both imo that are really safe bets, so whatever the structure it is not a risky side it is a strong one.

DT-SC

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 22, 2012, 10:32:40 PM
ok given your 1+3 ruck choice i wont comment on that or suggest downgrading others to upgrade rook rucks.

DEF : super strong - awesome even.

MID: solid same as most 4+4

RUCK: brave but likely will cost you 20-40 points at worst on other teams each round. ( good chance your def will make them back for you against other teams however).

FWD: super strong again, adams an interesting pick and a unique one +2 for that, is he the best for his price? if so great.

Mate very strong side, the ruck thing is not an issue it is as you say a rookie in the ruck on the ground makes no difference over a rookie on the ground in the defence. not a lot anyway.

the only reason the rookie rucks strategy is criticized is the following reason.

rookies average the most in the following order (statistically true, tho there will always be exceptions)

1. midfielders
2. forwards
3. defenders
4. ruckmen

so your ruck rook on the ground is likely to score less than an opponets defender rook on the ground, but by enough to worry about???

great team good picks cant fault it adds up to a gun rook side with a couple of midpricers both imo that are really safe bets, so whatever the structure it is not a risky side it is a strong one.

thanks colli!
no doubt i'll change that ruck combo again, and yeah i'm quite by concious so with buddy and dusty out in r.12 and cloke and sidey out in r.12 that 5th forward spot is for either adams or browny
at this stage im going adams for a number of reasons i cant be bothered explaining   :P

DT-SC

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, J. Adcock, G. Broughton, D. Heppell, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (T. Mohr, S. Morris)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, M. Barlow, D. Shiel, D. Zorko (J. McDonald, T. Mitchell)
RUC: S. Mumford, S. Jacobs (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, M. Robinson, S. Sidebottom, A. Christensen, J. Brown, J. Cameron, B. Smedts (A. Treloar, T. Walsh)
CASH LEFT: $9,800

what are everyones thoughts??

Football Factory

Yeah looks alright   .. good rookies..  cant say much really

AndrewY

Looks solid. You may find you are up against very similar teams during the year though.
Havent considered a risky POD or 2?

DT-SC

yep thanks for the comments
agree 100% this is my least favourite of my teams ive done because its so cookie-cutter

Colliwobblers

Quote from: DT-SC on January 26, 2012, 12:35:26 PM
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, J. Adcock, G. Broughton, D. Heppell, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (T. Mohr, S. Morris)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, M. Barlow, D. Shiel, D. Zorko (J. McDonald, T. Mitchell)
FWD: L. Franklin, M. Robinson, S. Sidebottom, A. Christensen, J. Brown, J. Cameron, B. Smedts (A. Treloar, T. Walsh)
CASH LEFT: $9,800

Great team, standard but not identical to the cookie cutter mold, christensen, brown, cameron, heppell, rocky, jacobs, adcock ,broughton = now there is no way those huys will be in every team maybe each less than 60% of teams.....

Now add to that the players everyone else will have that you don't have, lets say, burglar, martin, zaka(maybe), and the rest

Certainly its well structured tho and i guess the layout is what makes it look so standard.

Windigo

Nothing I dislike more than a generic team.

Last year I had some left wing players. A Swallow & Boak......Redden as captain when he got 64... :'(

Didn't work out they way I imagined. But I love unique options. It's just you got to pick 'em correctly or the whole house of a cards will come tumbling down.

Everyone's getting Barlow? Must be confident he can return 110+...

Sammy Jacobs could be a good pick if he kills it in NAB.

DT-SC

cheers windigo, want to inject a couple more uniques (hanley)
and even if barlow averages 105 he's a bargain

Windigo

Yeah mate. Hanley is a great option. I'll be picking him up.

The F.A.R.K.

sammy jacobs locked an loaded. i love big sauce.

He averaged 87 but second half he killed it. This year crows will improve and so will al dt scores across board. Garunteed 95+ average

DT-SC

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, J. Adcock, D. Heppell, R. Conca, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (T. Mohr, S. Morris)
FWD: L. Franklin, M. Robinson, S. Sidebottom, L. Adams, A. Christensen, J. Cameron, B. Smedts (A. Treloar, T. Walsh)
CASH LEFT: $66,900

gone for POD in jacobs and adams, who both verse GWS and GC twice (jacobs Port aswell)
had hanley in but i reckon heppel with is bigger body and tank should see much more midfield opportunity with dempsey returning

CFC 1979

well one day soon one of those Nth boys are going to explode

why not Adams

DT-SC

Quote from: CFC 1979 on January 29, 2012, 07:27:17 PM

why not Adams

my thoughts exactly mate, and boomer getting older (more FWD time) and H-Mac returning can only help

tupperware

Quote from: CFC 1979 on January 29, 2012, 07:27:17 PM

why not Adams

A few young NM players do look to explode, get on one or two!

Strong looking team, I would have stuck with Hanley over Heppell.. but both are good picks IMO