Sam Reid (Sydney)

Started by oodmutler, December 28, 2011, 10:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oodmutler

What are everyone's thoughts on this kid, Sam Reid?

He can certainly take a contested mark, though his goal kicking is a little shaky.

Big summer in the gym and on the track and he is bound to improve even more off last season (SC Ave 62.6).

He is awkwardly priced at $339,700, though he has an abundance of upside to his game. Worth the risk, or spend the extra 60K and taking J.Brown?

Colliwobblers

J.Brown the BRIS FWD ? atm he is $331,400 , if it's him your thinking of I would take him over reid for sure, first time in a long time Brown has completed a pre season and he will be hard at it as always in 2012 won't want to let his mate vossy down could be his last chance.

coconut52

Reid will certaintly become a star in the future and improve in the 2012 season but the chances of him turning into a premium are low. i had him in my team at one stage but i doubt he will average 90+ probably around 70-75

lewis

Yes I like he and Ben are both in my pre-season squad....I don't think i'll have the balls though to start them....as oodmutler said awkwardly priced.  May look for a proven performer.....definitely on my radar.

theta

Can Sam Reid lift his average from 62 to above 80?

If I recall correctly Sydney were in the top 4 for inside-50s, but also in the bottom 4 for conversion once inside their 50, so feed from the midfield was not an issue.  (If someone has the accurate stats on this please correct me.  cheers)
If Sydney can correct this problem Sam's average has a good chance of rising above his natural improvement imo.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/profile.php?firstname=Samuel&surname=Reid

TheMailman

Fantastic mark of the ball and gets plenty of kicks.

However, his kicking conversion thingy isn't great which would take several years to fix. He's really young remember. Gametime isn't an issue although being the best marking Sydney forward means that he gets the big defenders in Gibson, Glass Ben Reid etc. so that can be hard for him. Whether the inclusion of Walsh takes some defensive attention away is yet to be seen but I would expect a similar average to last year in 2012

Torress