Will the Crows blood a rookie ruckman alonside Jacobs?

Started by Colliwobblers, January 27, 2012, 01:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will the Crows blood a rookie ruckman alonside Jacobs?

YES they have to bring a rookie through
5 (62.5%)
NO they won't play any rookie ruckman
1 (12.5%)
I dont know
2 (25%)
Not another question about rucks
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Colliwobblers

comment if you wish, i have heard nothing of an up and coming rookie ruck from the crows, but shouldn't they be playing one to develop in case Jacobs goes down? who?

elephants

Don't follow the Crows but I don't think that they would have gone after the bombers Josh Jenkins for no reason... Time for him on the cards?

picker_man

gday cw, jacobs is a good ruck but lets all of us down going 4 possesion were he lacks class. I did a write up on jenkins not long ago m8 so i reckon u read up on that as he's the crows numba 2 then come's mckernan who should of been dropped along time ago, so jacobs will take majority of nthe ruck and tippet will take the rest whilst jacobs rest, So im not taken jacobs early as 2 much of a risk when he gets no possesion but jenkins will b a great downgrade for ur rucks m8, just dont pick any as i know ur going 4 ruck set n forget option

kilbluff1985

Yep i also pick Jenkins

i'm a bombers supporter and he was apparently pretty good guess they decided we did not need him because Joe Daniher coming in next year i think

Colliwobblers

pickers you know me too well, but i am fishing, i tried a team with one premium 3 rooks and the midfield it gives me makes me all warm and fuzzy, the problem is rowe is injured.... so with giles and stephensen where do we find another rookie ruckman that will play??? im going to start looking at the clubs with only one gun ruck (calling jacobs a gun ruckman) right opr wrong....

Windigo

Why would you want a Adelaide ruck man besides Jacobs? Clearly Jacobs is the number one.

The F.A.R.K.

No they wont. Jacobs played all of last year as No.1 and the crows were so happy with him going solo they offloaded Maric. They are in the same boat as their cross town rivals Port

Port recruited Renouf to cover Lobbe, Lobbe gets injured now Renouf will be No.1 Ruck. Renouf is just there as a recognised ruck but port also have Jackson Trengove, Westhoff and Daniel/Paul Stewart. I doubt Jarrad Redden will get much Time

Crows recruit Jenkins in case Jacobs goes down but again they have Shaun Mckernan, Kurt Tippett and even Luke Thompson or Talia could pinch hit in ruck. I really doubt how much game time Jenkins will get and even if he does, Tippo and Mckernan will take most ruck duties. Jenkins is more of a development pick for a few years, pretty much to cover Tippett when he goes to GC.

Jacobs might not find many possesions but last year was his first real year as a ruck. He played a few games as second or third fiddle to Krueze, Warnock and  at Carlton but last year was the first time he really took no.1 ruck duties and at such an inexperienced stage. Id expect this year he will have some confidence uner his belt and going in with such a young and improving team he will become one of the top 4 along with Cox, Luey and Mcevoy.