Jelwood - El Capitano

Started by Matty411, January 20, 2012, 03:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty411

So the champion cat is the new captain... My thinking is that now he has been bestowed this honour - he may well take his game to another level in 2012 ala Matty Boyd in 2011... Does anyone agree?

And another question... If he does break out to avg 118+ (highly possible) and given his round 12 bye, I'm considering him over Pendles/Swan to start the season...

Thoughts?

browny_wce

at first was a bit sceptical thinking the captain role may hinder his DT performance but yeh Boydy and Gazza show us there still capable

Matty411

So many DT guns - want to fit them all in but can't with the byes and also whilst still trying to be unique.

Grazz

The type of character and player he is i think he will thrive being Cpt. Wont impact negatively at all score wise imo. I got a gut feeling he'll improve it.

sluga

Great choice for captin. He will try even harder and increase his average.

Matty411

By how much is the question. He should've avg'd at least 114 this year - could easily raise that to 116+ imo

worth starting or upgrade target?

sluga

A guy who is a will be in the top handful of midfielders this year and will increase his average from last year is a definite starter in my side.

Grazz

Quote from: sluga on January 20, 2012, 05:08:00 PM
A guy who is a will be in the top handful of midfielders this year and will increase his average from last year is a definite starter in my side.

Could pay off big time if he fits your team structure.

rebird

Only risk is him KO himself again.

Grazz

Quote from: rebird on January 20, 2012, 05:48:19 PM
Only risk is him KO himself again.

haha to true, he's a worry every time he steps on the ground, he goes where Angels fear to tread.

lolrocket

Being captain might make him sacrifice himself even more to set an example. Before he was announced captain i would have said with pretty close to certainty that barring injury or something Selwood will average about 120. Who knows now

boo-yaa

Quote from: lolrocket on January 20, 2012, 08:17:24 PM
Being captain might make him sacrifice himself even more to set an example. Before he was announced captain i would have said with pretty close to certainty that barring injury or something Selwood will average about 120. Who knows now

could be up around 130 ya thinkin?? captain or not, locked and loaded for me.