Aaron Sandilands - Turf Toe

Started by nichsa673, January 08, 2012, 02:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Dead right Footy factory. Set and Forget, hopefully fingers crossed they both play all year.

chatters24

I'll be passing on Sandi this year. With his huge frame injury concerns will be more and more common for the big fella. There is enough young talented ruckmen out there now that you no longer need to take the risk on Sandi IMO

Miss Pies

Sandi has been in and out of my side dunno how many times. I've wiped and changed my DT far to often already, and I just scapped it all again. I am finding it difficult to arrange the players I really want this year.

Doing my head in.

elephants

I don't like having Fremantle players in my team but its hard to say no to sandipants.

Cicjose

I haven't considered Sandilands once until i saw the article that said he was over his turf toe

Football Factory

Quote from: Miss Pies on January 09, 2012, 02:07:34 PM
Sandi has been in and out of my side dunno how many times. I've wiped and changed my DT far to often already, and I just scapped it all again. I am finding it difficult to arrange the players I really want this year.

Doing my head in.
lol

azza707

with a player of his size, his body is a ticking time bomb and will be interesting to see how much longer it holds up for.

also with pay going back to full fwd and fyfe and mayne lurking around the fwd line, will be interesting to see what lyon will do with jono griffin, sandi and sac clarke. although snadi did still score well when clarke was lurking around the contest and griffin was playing, it just seems too risky with that many players that could take points off of him and a fwd line spot taken up to have him in your team, when you have players like mcevoy, burger and jacobs on the rise, who are all no.1 rucks at their clubs and have no one to take ruck time off of them

Ziplock

This doesn't mean that much, but I know this guy who's over 2 metres tall, and weighs something comparable to sandilands (incredibly the guy is in proportion though, like, he looks like a normal, well built guy until you stand next to him and he's like a head taller than you), he's a big sport player (oddly enough touch football, not like rugby or anything), and he's always getting tiny injuries on his feet etc.- for instance, after hard games where he's been running and stepping a lot, he gets chronic bruising all along the sides of his feet that take a couple of days to go away.

Kind of relevant, just supporting azza in how sandi is a bit of a time bomb :P

Zombie2.5

Quote from: Ziplock on January 18, 2012, 01:10:34 AM
This doesn't mean that much, but I know this guy who's over 2 metres tall, and weighs something comparable to sandilands (incredibly the guy is in proportion though, like, he looks like a normal, well built guy until you stand next to him and he's like a head taller than you), he's a big sport player (oddly enough touch football, not like rugby or anything), and he's always getting tiny injuries on his feet etc.- for instance, after hard games where he's been running and stepping a lot, he gets chronic bruising all along the sides of his feet that take a couple of days to go away.

Kind of relevant, just supporting azza in how sandi is a bit of a time bomb :P

interesting post zip lol

Ziplock

DT Gun

good year to take a punt on him, we have 2 awesome reserves

lolrocket

Just look at Sandi's first 9 games last year. 90+ every time barring the Adelaide game where he was subbed off in the 3rd quarter whilst being the highest DT points on the ground. All that stopped him last year was his tore and the 3 previous years before that he played more than 19 games which is good enough for me. If he escapes injury, and I know that's a big if, then he will be unstoppable. I also seem to remember Ross Lyon raving about him in a few press conferences so now being his master may very well put him at the centre of his Fremantle plans.

Colliwobblers

OK so if you want a dual premium ruck setup and you don't want Sandi who are the best 2, considering price also, which may rule out the obvious in cox for most, I'm leaning towards Burger and mummy

But i would love to know sandi would hold up and i'd lock him in with burger.

DT Gun

your a fool not picking Cox and Sandi! Mark my words people will regret goldstein and leuey!