Main Menu

Phil Davis

Started by Gooner, January 12, 2012, 06:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooner

I hadn't really been looking at Davis because I'd prefer to avoid 'senior' GWS players.  However, for Supercoach, he could be worth a look.

He only played three games last year and was subbed off in two of them scoring 8 and 41.  That's both good and bad from a SC perspective as he'll be underpriced (even more so because he's received a 20% discount), but his shoulders are very suspect having missed most of last season with shoulder problems in addition to missing footy in his junior years with shoulder problems also.

There should be plenty of the ball coming down back for GWS, but the extent to which they could be getting smashed each week could hurt all players scoring. 

What do others think?

charliesheen

I definitely think he is worth a look, unfortunately he messes with my structure too much based on the premiums I have chosen.

I think there are also reasonable fall back options in that price range like Conca & Lake, if you don't like what you are seeing.

Leadership material, and I assume will be the go to guy like Newman.

If his shoulders don't hold up GWS are even more screwed :D

Ringo

Everyone seems to be jumping on the Lake bandwagon with a good argument. Davis is around the same Price  and only 22 years of age.  Only played 3 games last year including 101 in first game but then injured. 15 games the year before.
If you believe that Davis has good upside allowing for his suspect shoulders then a good option at the price. Is it possible that Davis will be the Bock of 2012?

Kuruki

Quote from: Ringo on January 12, 2012, 07:18:27 PM
Everyone seems to be jumping on the Lake bandwagon with a good argument. Davis is around the same Price  and only 22 years of age.  Only played 3 games last year including 101 in first game but then injured. 15 games the year before.
If you believe that Davis has good upside allowing for his suspect shoulders then a good option at the price. Is it possible that Davis will be the Bock of 2012?

If he plays a role similar to Bock in the NAB then i will be all over him. If he plays more of the lock down role then maybe not so. But the amount of ball that will be down that end will be staggering.

Colliwobblers

Too true, it all comes down to the role he plays, if he is not a lockdown player and my fear is that he will be, who else can be relied on to do it? Then I will have him simple no question I I'll just pick him becausechecwill have plenty of ball if he isgiven a role in which he can use it for sc purposes :)

meow meow

Purple 77

Well, didn't he play a shut down role on buddy? He did and did it very well, so you would think GWS would use him in this role, therefore, not for me