Sam Gilbert

Started by pistolpk, January 07, 2012, 10:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pistolpk

Anyone having a look at Sam Gilbert?

2 very solid years averaging  around 90 for a defender, which only 9 players (played more than half the season) were able to do last year. His game was mainly based on his hard tackling, last year was a flop, he had his mind on other things (a young female), while being moved more into forward line.

$345k could be a cheap premium if he can recapture form.

Off Tap

I traded him in late in the year hoping he might fire as the Saints picked up their game. Unfortunately he only had a couple of decent scores.

He was dropping absolute sitters and trying to tackle one handed due to a lack of confidence.

I'm definately looking again this year due to his price and will wait to see what role Watters has in mind for him.

theflyinghawk

I have no faith in him at all right now, would need an awesome nab to even be considered

Windigo

the flying hawk

Sam Gilbert had a bad 2011 season like many other st kilda players mainly because his was down confidence because of an interrupted preseason with stupidity going around the club and some girl trying to ruin the saints if sam Gilbert is played in the back line and has a good preseason he should have a ripper season in 2012 :)

Colliwobblers

its his bye round that rules him out for me, goddard and all the richmond boys makes my mind up for me

dubizzy

agree, his bye is annoying. its very interesting to see that richmond have 5 very relevant dt players in defence

Colliwobblers

yeah round 12 id bad in defence round 13 is impossible, its like you have to take a couple from round 11 but who do u want from round 11.

Ziplock

Adcock, Hanley, Waters, A Selwood, Drummond, Grima, Hansen, Lake, P. Davis

are the only round 11s with even an outside chance of becoming premium, or making solid midpricers in defence.

And write off drummond now due to injury.

Grima and Hansen would be real sneaky uniques- who knows, if they break out as smokies north may actually be able to challenge the 8 seriously :P

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ziplock on January 09, 2012, 10:47:06 PM
Adcock, Hanley, Waters, A Selwood, Drummond, Grima, Hansen, Lake, P. Davis

are the only round 11s with even an outside chance of becoming premium, or making solid midpricers in defence.

And write off drummond now due to injury.

Grima and Hansen would be real sneaky uniques- who knows, if they break out as smokies north may actually be able to challenge the 8 seriously :P

I was hoping for a Ziplock response. :) I call that fishing :):)

I was set on waters but i went cold on him hopefuly he warrms me up again in nab cup. Grima is tearing it up in preseason and he is capable of being a smokie as you say and if he doesnt quite make the keeper status he makes a ton of money for you anyway, same goes for lake.

Hanley i think is the gun under the radar, I rate him but im not sure i could take him over adcock and im not sure i can take adcock, and i dont know why, he only dipped off last year due to the finger right..

Hanson and davis i havent even looked at [ hitting post and going to look at them ....... now ]

elephants

Massive risk. If he didn't have the dreaded round 13 bye i'd be on. Already have 5 round 13ers in my backline!!