Final Fan Planner team maybe

Started by kilbluff1985, December 27, 2011, 01:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Ok so decided to make a team where 10 players have byes in each of the bye rounds i think it looks pretty good after round 11 bye plan to upgrade the rookies to premiums that had there bye in round 11 and then after round 12 upgrade the rookies to premiums that have had there byes does this make sense?

FIGJAM Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by kilbluff19. Salary cap left: $17,700.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Dyson Heppell, Jack Grimes, Reece Conca, Matthew Buntine, Sam Frost
Billie Smedts, Steven Morris

Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Marc Murphy, Scott Thompson, Josh Caddy, Stephen Coniglio
James McDonald, Elliott Kavanagh

Shane Mumford, Matthew Leuenberger
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Steve Johnson, Dayne Beams, Dustin Martin, John Butcher, Adam Tomlinson, Darren Pfeiffer, Dayne Zorko
Adam Treloar, Tom Couch

Forwards are weak i know but not many teams will start evenly balanced across the ground i'm pretty happy with it

Colliwobblers

Super defence, obviously a bit of risk in grimes,conca but i highly rate them both. Buntine may be a waste of money, yeah he is a gun and will play, but unless he becomes a 80+ keeper he is a cash cow rook, and as such the question is is thier an option at $104K that is going to achieve the same goal (of making money for you) as buntine would but for a lot less cash.

Great midfield love your premiums, would downgrade caddy to a rook and use the money in the forward line to upgrade butcher. Coniglio is another high priced rook that i wouldnt pick unless you were confident he will be a keeper (same as buntine and tomlinson).

Rucks - super duper great awesomeness.

FWD, yeah upgrade butcher to a gun use money from caddy and if neccessary one or more of those expensive rooks.

I'd be happy too great team well done and good luck in 2012

kilbluff1985

The reason behind me picking Caddy is because there are not many other good rookie mids that have a bye in round 13  and that will get regular games other then Wingard and he is 50k cheaper but have heard Caddy might not be a great SC scorer so maybe Wingard is the better option but not sure if he will get as many games as Caddy it's a really tough call pre season forms and round 1 team selections may do the choosing for me lol.

As for Coniglio i am pretty sure he will average around 90 well i hope lol but could swap him for D.Shiel which is not a bad idea and i am considering it.

As for Butcher just something that i seen in him late last season i really want him in my side and i chose to have the forwards weak instead of the backs because the defense rookies are the hardest to pick and it's harder for them to get games.

Colliwobblers

mate well said, the def rooks score the least out of the mid/fwd/def rooks so makes sense, and you got to go with your guy, and shiel will be a great pick for a rook , but also as you say, the nab cup will help us all out a lot with who to take and who not to especially where the rooks are concerned.

Good luck and again nice team

kilbluff1985

FIGJAM Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by kilbluff19. Salary cap left: $12,200.

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Heath Shaw, Dyson Heppell, Matthew Buntine, Tim Mohr, Billie Smedts
Sam Darley, Henry Schade

Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Marc Murphy, Tom Rockliff, Elliott Kavanagh, Anthony Miles
Dylan Shiel, Tom Mitchell

Ben McEvoy, Sam Jacobs
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Adam Goodes, Steve Johnson, Dustin Martin, Ariel Steinberg, Curtly Hampton, Dayne Zorko
Adam Treloar, Jeremy Cameron

Super happy with this team again Jacobs maybe the biggest risk but easy draw and the #1 ruckman now should improve

Goodes a risk and unique starter but first 4 rounds are easy dont think he will only score well late this season should do it early also

Ended up going with McEvoy as he don't really have much competition at The Aints

Very happy with rookies until pre season

Think its a very solid team would appreciate ratings out of 10

btw last year finished like 45,000th didn't do much research this year i have want to do well

Iknow there's no midpricers like Barlow, Brown but i wont put them in unless they show form in pre season then i might consider them

AndrewY

9/10 IMO kill bluff. First time I have seenSteinberg in a team.

kilbluff1985

lol yeah i'm Essendon fan think he will get games this year

dmac07

Dont mind the no mid pricers strategy, I've done it too. Dont think its worth putting the likes of Barlow/Brown in unless you beleive they are going to be in the top 6-7 scorers for their position.

One of the better teams I've seen, 9/10.
-.5 for Heppel, think he will get more attention this year and may maintain, but not improve his average. But I'm going against al ot of people saying this.
-.5 for McEvoy, I'll take your word on Jacobs. But going on the top scorers on each postion theory I think these two together is a little risky. Would rather see one of Mumford, Goldstien, Cox, Sandilands (if fit) or Luenberger here as I think all should outscore him.