Pre NAb Team.

Started by hippiemansam, January 26, 2012, 04:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippiemansam

ALpha Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Cake Eater. Salary cap left: $55,300.

Brendon Goddard, Grant Birchall, Greg Broughton, Dyson Heppell, Jack Grimes, Brian Lake, Sam Docherty
Brandon Ellis, Beau Wilkes

Marc Murphy, Joel Selwood, Adam Goodes, Lenny Hayes, Tom Scully, Dylan Shiel
Brad McKenzie, James McDonald

Hamish McIntosh, Jonathan Giles
Sam Rowe, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Dayne Beams, Dustin Martin, Shaun Higgins, Alan Didak, Jason Winderlich, Devon Smith
Dayne Zorko, Adam Treloar

Football Factory

Risky i would say ... i will highlight the risks in your team

Backs: Grimes and Lake

Mids: Hayes.. maybe Scully we dont know what kind of role he will play for GWS.. I wouldnt start Goodes in the midfield i personally would prefer to use rookies for the DPP link

Rucks: McIntosh and starting Giles on field

Fwd: Missy Higgins and Window licker... maybe the Dak aswell didnt exactly set the world on fire last year

Dont get me wrong taking risks are good especially when they pay off i just think you are taking too many

hippiemansam

This isn't my final team, but thanks for the feedback. Nab cup shall be very helpful for me so i can finalize my choices.
Scully will be playing Mids, been to a few Giants sessions and he's looking the goods.

Colliwobblers

as so many will this season you are robbing ruck to pay mid/fwd/def in your case it looks like DEF/DEF stole the rucks money and some of the mids too :)

DEF: very deep, too depp for me, all those mid pricers are very very tempting but with 4 premiums it may be one too many, may not if lake and grimes are tearing it up in nab why wouldnt you have them but maybe then you can do without one of your 4 premiums.

MID: not strong enough i think. Goodes makes two things 1. a good upgrade target, always finishes the season stronger than he starts it, and 2. a good pick for your FWD line, he wont average 115-120 over the season and thats what you'll want from your keeper premium mids. I like murph and selwood, but i dont see a regular captain pick here, i think you need swan or ablett, most of us will have both, thier ability to put out 140+ scores are gamebreaking and not having ablett when he pumps a 165 is going to bring tears to the toughest mans eyes ... ok too far :) you get my point. hayes another mid prices risk but a bargain and worth looking at if he goes well in nabcup (fitness wise). I think you will miss out a little also by not having Barlow, every team will ahve him and its great to be unique but at his best and at his price is just a MUST HAVE. if he doesnt go at his best or gets injured agan tho then your ahead of every other team. Scully is another unique pick and it may pay off but i think 115 will be out of reach for him at the new club in the first year, but im not confident enough that he wont do it to tell you not to have him the kid will be a  gun midfielder one day no question.

RUCK: well yes risky but not too unique lots of folk going down this road in 2012, just watch nab cup and make sure you have the best mid could be hmac,west,kruezer or a couple of others and that all your rooks look like they'll be playing early games certainly giles and big o will be, rowe will but not sure when.

FWD: soli and very deep again, my heart says get didak but you need to know how bucks will use him before taking the risk, yes for me if he is back to his old self and old MAJOR role, if not well bad pick. Missy higgins is a soft tissue walking injury dissapointment, oh hang on that was last season, you are very brave to risk him...... windy another mid priced risk that may or may not pay off.

Overall a nice unique team, lots of  "the right" midpriced players (except missy) but maybe too many, just imagine if NONE worked out for you.

But well structures good premiums, good midpricers, good rooks, and good luck, you need to watch the news and the nab cup very closely with this side but if you get it all right great season ahead.

Football Factory

Quote from: hippiemansam on January 26, 2012, 04:54:01 PM
This isn't my final team, but thanks for the feedback. Nab cup shall be very helpful for me so i can finalize my choices.
Scully will be playing Mids, been to a few Giants sessions and he's looking the goods.
I think what i mean with Scully is he will be one of their better midfielders so he will cop the tag and they might try to break that tag by getting him to tag one of the oppositions better players and therefore effecting his scores

Football Factory

Windigo

Don't have Goodes in the mids dude. Chuck him FWD if you want him in your starting squad.  ;)

Not sure on Winder either. But his cheap enough to take a punt on I reckon. But he has horrible durability! Keep that mind.

hippiemansam

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I'm finding it very useful.  I've since made a few changes,  still a bit risky and unique but that's the way i like it. Keeps everything on edge.

yorgis

Any other year prolly would have been a fairly decent team, but you have way too many players coming back from

injury and /or injury prone for my liking. Grimes, Lake, Hayes, H Mac, Broughton, Winderlich, Higgins and to a lesser extent Dids.

Also Docherty may miss the first few rounds   

+1 FOOTBALL FACTORY

hippiemansam

Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Cake Eater. Salary cap left: $3,500.

Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Dyson Heppell, Jasper Pittard, Marty Clarke, Tim Mohr
Billie Smedts, Will Sierakowski

Gary Ablett jnr, Joel Selwood, Bryce Gibbs, Dale Thomas, Michael Barlow, Chad Wingard
Dylan Shiel, James McDonald

Hamish McIntosh, Jonathan Giles
Jarrod Witts, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Dayne Beams, Nathan Fyfe, Dustin Martin, Jonathan Brown, Nick Haynes, Jeremy Cameron
Dayne Zorko, Tommy Walsh  V1.1