ADVICE PLEASE FELLAS

Started by yorgis, January 19, 2012, 04:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yorgis

Hey Guys !! My first post for the year. welcome to the newbies and hi to all the ol' timers. I know its very early to start

posting teams, as the nab cup is stiil a month away, but i guess its as good a time as any. bit hard to work out a decent

strategy in regards to 3 consecutive byes, but what are your thoughts on my first up team.

DEF     Goddard  Delidio  Broughton  Heppell  M Clarke  Buntine  Wilkes        S Morris  B Ellis,

MIDS     Swan  Ablett  J Selwood  Barlow  Winderlich  Docherty                   D Shiel  D Zorko

RUCKS   Luenberger  McIntosh                                                                J Giles  O Stephenson

FOR      Franklin  Fyfe  J Brown  Beams  D Martin Smedts  Saad                    D Pfeiffer  Treloar

obviously rookies will prolly change but thanx in advance

elephants

One thing mate.

Giles, McIntosh and Leuy all miss round 11...

yorgis

drop macca for kruze or drop luey for mummy or mcevoy ??

Colliwobblers

either option for your ruck change is fine.

your team,

DEF: solid very good.
MID: solid i would rather a rook in the mids than windy, i would have him in the fwd line and a gun rook in the mids instead.
RUCK: solid, need the mid pricer to work out for you i would go hmac to west or kruezer
FWD: very solid looking at this now windy might not fit in the fwd line,

give serious consideration to downgrading windy and upgrading your second ruck you dont want too many mid pricers in the team and you dont want to lose points in the ruck.

But good strong side well done just fix the ruck byes. Kruezer probably best option if you stick with mid pricer as he has the different bye to all the others.

stew42

Beware Saad, he appears to be a goalsneak like Milne, haven't really heard many good things from him. Swap him for Windy, if anyone...
Also Docherty is injured, and might not play round one (despite how much he says he wants to). A ripper downgrade target hopefully...
Question Marks over Marty Clarke's JS imo

Overall quite nice for your first team, mine was pitiful... :)

yorgis

hey guys please rate my 2nd go

DEF     Goddard  Delidio  Broughton  Lake  Clarke  Wilkes  Mohr        Urquart  Golds

MIDS    Swan  Ablett  Thompson  Barlow  Shiel  Treloar           Mcdonald  Brown

RUCKS  Cox   Mc Evoy        Giles  Stephenson

FOR      Franklin  Pavlich  Martin  Sidebottom  Brown  Christensen   Smedts     Zorko   Pfeiffer

Please rate my side. I would prefer to have selwood or murphy instead of thompson, but needed a rnd 11

mid, also some of the rooks are there just for mpp. I'm prolly a bit thin in def but fairly good in for and ruck

upthemaidens

u dont need a premium rd.11 mid, u just need 2 rd.11 mids(can be rookies) and u have 10 weeks between start of year and rd11,  your team will probaby be different, so u can trade to rd11 bye players if need be.
  and defence is fine.  just have a back-up plan if lake doesnt work out

Football Factory

Strong in the forward line and weak in the backs i personally would downgrade Brown or Christensen and turn lake into a premium or one of your back rooks into another midpricer.

yorgis

my back up for lake was to swap chrisso for walsh /adams / mitchell and get the jedi, heps or sucks for lakey

Ago97

yorgis

i know heps had a wonderful year but i'm not convinced he will maintain his ave. i reckon he will be paid a bit more attention

this year ,i e getting tagged and making him more accountable for his opponent