Will this pay off?

Started by Noz, January 03, 2012, 06:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noz

If i were to start a premium ruck say a Cox, Goldy, Mummy etc and my other rucks being Stephensen, Giles and Seller/Cody/Rowe. Will this pay off.

Pretty sure Vardy did his hip and may not be fully fit come round 1 and Stephensen will get games possible as the number 1 ruck.

Giles will ruck the majority of the season for GWS.

Cordy may step up in Hudson's absence allthough he is behind Roughead and Minson? If given a chance he could rock up decent scores

Seller at a new club but may struggle to get games behind Martin, Jamar and Spencer but if he does he could score decent which will allow me to have Lever in the defence for the swap.

Rowe will slot into the blues team nicely up front as a key forward will have hit and miss games but will allow me to swap him and Hale around who i already have.

So my question is can i get away with a Cox, Stephensen, Giles, Rowe/Seller/Cordy.

ossie85

Really think that Giles won't score consistently, and Stephenson is just a back-up for West and co. So I don't think it will work

tferrier18

Really depends on how you use the money you've saved by doing this.

You could have got away with it last year because Z.Smith scored so well, which would have saved you from starting a rookie elsewhere like tapscott/richardson who ended up with poor averages.

How about going somewhere halfway between this strategy and doing Cox, West (Giles, Stephensen)

Ziplock

tappy was fine so long as you dropped him round 7 :P

itchytradefinger

Decide on who your 13/14/15 non negotiables are and don't negotiate on them. If Cox, or whoever, is not on that list, then feel free to chance it. It's very risky going only one premium ruck. If you have only one and he goes down with injury or suspension, you're pretty screwed

Torress

Quote from: itchytradefinger on January 04, 2012, 02:43:55 AM
Decide on who your 13/14/15 non negotiables are and don't negotiate on them. If Cox, or whoever, is not on that list, then feel free to chance it. It's very risky going only one premium ruck. If you have only one and he goes down with injury or suspension, you're pretty screwed

dam straight!!! if your only premo ruck goes down you will be in strife.

but Noz mate, i'm thinking similar things. i would not pick david hale though for any reason. the R/F dpp is no good at all this year so don't bother. trent west will more than likely be the no.1 ruck at the catters not a VFL player at 29!!!

all in all 2012 is going to be diffilcult to get the right structure, players are expensive!!

Noz

Okay thanks guys for your input i first had McIntosh and McEvoy as my starting rucks with Giles and Stephensen/Rowe but figured i may be a bit better gettng a premium midfielder changning it up a bit.